MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion leaving family behind

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  centralpafarm 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Me, my girlfriend and one of our friends are wanting to eventually move off-grid in alaska. Our friends grandpa has land and a cabin up there that he doesnt use so we want to save the money up and leave. One of the biggest issues im having with this though is leaving my family. Even after I did move out of my moms, I was still in the same town as her and some of my other family. The longest I have ever gone without being able to see them was 2 months maybe and I know that if we do this then we’ll be lucky to see them once a year. My understanding is that there are ways to make money off-grid and thats what I intend on doing and as soon as the money for a plane ticket is saved up I want to leave to visit for a week or two. Does anyone have suggestions on this situation or making money off-grid? any success with making money off-grid or experiences with leaving family? Any information would be appreciated, thank you.

centralpafarm
    Participant

You need to do a search on the area you will be going to in Alaska. They might have great salmon fishing or something else in abundance you can collect to sell by shipping it. Thats what i would do.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.