MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Learn everything you can. Prepare for the unexpected.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Riverrat 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Sylvia
    Participant

Two weeks ago today, my husband of 41 years passed away. Although we knew the day would come, I didn’t expect it for many more years. Being totally off grid, I know I have some unique challenges ahead. I tried to learn everything I could when we worked side by side through our life journey. People keep asking me if I will stay here and I say yes, this is my home. I think I can do it. My purpose in posting this is to remind everyone, particularly the ladies, to know as much as you can about maintaining your home and equipment. Learn to do the things that have been traditionally your partners responsibility. You never know what may happen. And I hope your life’s journey is as amazing as ours was.

Riverrat
    Participant

I am sorry about your loss. That is a good life lesson though, life is very uncertain. While this journey is very much a team effort, each part of the team needs to know how to perform the other parts roles. Injuries, unexpected death, etc can cause one side to have to perform both sides work. People tend to be spoiled these days and never learn life sustaining skilld needed to sustain them in the case of the unexpected occuring.

My goal is to raise my kids to never be dependent on outside influence to sustain themselves, that way, they will always be able to survive and even thrive no matter what life throws at them. I am raising them to be resourceful, confident, creative, and self reliant. In my opinion every parent should strive to do the same. But it seems parent just aren’t willing to put that kind of attention and effort into raising their children anymore. Apparently that’s to inconvenient.

Sorry to semi rant, I am a bit cynical with the direction society is heading. It’s headed straight toward distaster.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.