MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Land Buddies / Advice

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  UnhookedLiving 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

heavenonhooves
    Participant

Hello Friends! Im currently in the preperation stages to moving from the beach cities of California to

the remote forest areas of Oregon. Everyday the urge to live this life style grows in our hearts, but unfortunately

our wallets are at a stand still. Even though we (my parter and I) were pleasantly surprised on how affordable

going off can be, we still must save and penny pinch to make this happen, and happen soon. If you

have any helpful hints that worked for you, i would really love to her them.

Our hearts are set on the southern region in the forest area of Klamath, Oregon. There is gorgeous open spaces

and trees that reach to the sky. The land is neighbored by two national forests and has streams

and rivers dancing all the way through it.

We are very open to sharing our journey with like minded individuals, in fact, we welcome it. We are

both females in our late 20’s, college educated and eager to make the move. We are laid back in

personality, can hold great conversations and have genuine hearts. Love for animals is a passion harbored

from both of us from a young age, and plan on bringing a few horses, a small pack of dogs, and a few chickens to raise

as well. Were looking for someone adventurous (that goes with out saying), hard working, someone

who can pull their own weight around. Please be dependable and reliable, age is irrelevant and we don’t believe in

race. Gender is of little importance as well, just be of good character, humor and intention and

we will get along beautifully. The initial cost of land and supplies would be shared between us all, along with the incredible memories and total freedom.

Our extensive research has taught us a lot, but hearing true experiences is valued information that we

both would appreciate hearing. We would love for you to share any stories, advice, or just a friendly hello

from a fellow off girder.

Best Regards to everyone

Happy Living

UnhookedLiving
    Participant

There is so much to say, and not knowing what you already know, it’s difficult to offer what you may consider valuable. I have compiled my off grid experiences in a new ebook called The Truth About Simple Unhooked Living. The more I read off grid/new pioneer forums, the happier I am that I put all the effort into writing it, as it contains lots of specific info on how I did things. Also, and very importantly, laws that complicate the simple life. I hope you take a look and I would be happy to answer questions. You can contact me at unhookedliving@gmail.com. Same goes for anybody else who may be thinking of pioneering, particularly in the Inland Northwest (Northeastern WA, North ID)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.