MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Inverter faulty

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  elnav 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

anuraw
    Participant

my 500W MSW inverter: when i connect to battery, it starts beeping, red light “on” and fan starts working, booklet says, if it is heated over 75c it turns off due to thermal resistance protection and will be ok after 15minutes, but A/C power is not turning on although i kept longer period on fan mode and kept aside for cooling over 6 hrs now, any body could advise what to do next

elnav

Oh boy where to begin! Are you getting any power out? What happens if you connect a small 10 – 15 watt load? Are you located in a hot climate? Is the polarity correct? Is the battery fully charged? What does the volt meter say about battery voltage? Most inverters will also behave this way if battery voltage is too low. Do you know for certain that the inverter is working or did you get this in uncertain condition from a garage sale or a friend.

If it is brand new, still under warranty get a replacement.

anuraw
    Participant

thks, no , not getting any power out, yes, when connect input to my car battery, inverter starts beeping and red light blinking,green light is also shown, car batter is full charged, multimeter checking reads 13v, today climate is bit cool, polarity is correctly connected, it worked few minutes ago, then started this mode

yes, it is brand new , worked few hrs yesterday first time.

elnav

Since its new take it back for warranty replacement. When I worked for Xantrex we expected a considerable failure rate( infant mortality) especially in the lower price range. It was cheaper to simply replace defective units with no questions asked than expend more cost to build better quality. At least that was how the cost accountants figured it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.