MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Intro and a question

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Ed Meyer 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

crobock
    Participant

Hi all.

My name is Chris, and I’m new here.  I’ve been learning about off-grid projects for years now.  I’ve been fascinated by tiny homes, earthships, solar and wind projects, and tons of other stuff.  One of the big problems I’ve seen though, is that most blogs and websites seem to assume that if you’re going off-grid, then you’ve got a huge budget for it.

I’ve been trying to compile a collection of off-grid projects that don’t cost a fortune.  I started a blog, Low-Budget Off-Grid to detail what I found, and I’ll be using many of these options in the near future when I build my off-grid home.

So what I’m wondering from all of you lovely people, are the low-cost projects you know of.  Do you know of a really cheap way to heat a home, or to collect, store, or filter water?  Do you know of a really low-cost way of powering your home, or of even building the home?  I’d love to know about it.

Thanks all!

hiijack
    Participant

<p class=”MsoNormal” style=”text-align: justify; line-height: 150%;”><span lang=”EN-GB” style=”font-size: 12.0pt; line-height: 150%; font-family: ‘Calibri Light’,’sans-serif’; mso-ascii-theme-font: major-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: major-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: ‘Times New Roman’; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB;”>we provide Assignment writing service for the PhD. Degree students. The expert assignment writers hired by me are the best in and around UK. These highly expert writers are able to understand the complex structure of the assignment. </span><span style=”font-size: 12.0pt; line-height: 150%; font-family: ‘Calibri Light’,’sans-serif’; mso-ascii-theme-font: major-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: major-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: ‘Courier New’;”>Get your assignment written from scratch by our experienced PhD writer. Trustworthy </span><span style=”font-size: 12.0pt; line-height: 150%; font-family: ‘Calibri Light’,’sans-serif’; mso-ascii-theme-font: major-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: major-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: ‘Courier New’;”> for any level / discipline – Online 24/7.</span></p>

Violetta Plyushko
    Participant

One of the Best

AnthonyAnson
    Participant

informative post.

Andersj1983
    Participant

For building a house you can scavenge old tires and fill with dirt for the walls for power use a generator but remove the gas tank and rig up a stationary bike to the motor you’ll need batterys still though for heat build a box that’s about a foot deep and the same dimensions as the window then crush cans and attach to inside surface of box cover every inch of the inside with them spray black then vent the top of box to the inside of your house a fan for circulation

mobile-estates
    Participant

The cheapest, frugal off-grid ‘home’ I personally still consider a fully independant campervan or boat – once you really (really,really!) like it at a specific place, one can still purchase some land there – buying land upfront is neither low-cost, nor easy. The mobile ‘residence’ can be the cell on a new property where one wants to stay – if a van, it’s probably in the countryside, mountains or on the coast, in case of a boat one would purchase a mooring or land with a jetty (and this is not limited to your country)  – both options would lead to a smallholding sooner or later. My few cents.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.