MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Insurance

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  rihan11 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

teaninich24

Anybody got any tips for insurance? It is quite hard getting van insurance without a permanent address. Even if you use a friend/relatives address for the actual motor insurance, insuring any belongings seems impossible.

Are there any “off-grid friendly” companies (or does anyone want to start one?!!).

Or should I stick with the way the gyspies do it and get a dog?

Thanks for any advice.

Nick Rosen
    Keymaster

Adrian Flux is the one many recommend. But have you tried Downunder insurance? Its the one used by Antipodeans coming over to the UK, so they are used to fairly vague addresses.

Let us know on this forum what you discover

teaninich24

Downunder will only insure British people over the age of 40.

Adrian Flux would not insure me for living and working out of a van with no permanent address. They put me through to “call connection” who were very keen to find me a quote but after a dozen tries gave up.

It also doesn’t seem easy to get insurance as a “backpacker” if you are travelling in your own country – fine if you fly to the other side of the world!

I will have to stick to using a friends address.

Nick Rosen
    Keymaster

I think maybe you have to say you are using the van for leisure pnly – if you say you are working in the van you have a problem. It depends on the work you do of course, but I expect it would be hard to prove you were working in it.

rihan11

They put me through to “call connection” who were very keen to find me a quote but after a dozen tries gave up.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.