MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums Forum Instructions I'm logged in but the forum says I'm not

This topic contains 13 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  LydiaLoftis 8 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

WrethaOffGrid
    Keymaster

Problem:
    You log in to https://www.off-grid.net
    you go to the forum and it says you aren’t logged in
    you log in again and go to the forum, it says you aren’t logged in…

Solution:
    After you log in and go to the forum, if it says you aren’t logged in, simply refresh the page and it should show you as logged in, you might have to refresh the page a couple of time, or when moving from one forum to another, you might have to refresh it again.

I am hoping this is a transient problem and will be solved soon.

Wretha

caverdude
    Participant

Yes I have had this problem also. It seemed to me there might be some lag in the system with single sign on.

JesseConant
    Blocked

Is this due to the site powered by wordpress?

chowan
    Participant

i dont know why but i have tried what you suggested on general discussion an it did not work
    but it seems to work here

12vman
    Participant

I went back to WordPress and logged in “Again” and all is fine..

baileyrgr
    Participant

i dont know why however i have performed precisely what you recommended on general conversation some sort of it would not work
    but it seems to work here

WrethaOffGrid
    Keymaster

Sometimes the forum is stubborn, sometimes I have to reload or refresh the page multiple times… keep trying on the page where you want to post messages.

Wretha

caverdude
    Participant

It might be worth getting on freelancer.com and posting a job for someone to fix this problem. See what kind of bids you get. Could possibly be fixed cheaply. Or they might tell you exactly whats needed to fix it. Seems like this might be some kind of single sign on issue.

http://blog.larrydgray.net

allisachasity
    Participant

Just refresh your page browser show you are logged in.

chowan
    Participant

Well bugger im back to blocked out of general again.

Wretha could you ask papakado to post some sort of anon email i like to get a hold of him about his

being a primitive bowyer.

pretty please

GridlessSuzy
    Participant

There are some conversations I can participate in, and some I can’t all tough I could a view weeks ago… I tried what you wrote above it doesn’t seem to help. :-(

Best regards, Suzan

GridlessSuzy
    Participant

So I sign in…

Click on ‘Forum’, still signed in…

Click on ‘General discussions’. still signed in…

Click on, for example, ‘Any offgridders in Portugal’, signed out!?!???!?!??!??!!!!??!?!?!???

How come?  I sign in again

I start with ‘Forum’ again and so on bla bla and than… signed out… again and again, now I can’t even reply my own post… :-(

Parsec
    Participant

I had problems staying logged into the forum after registering today using Google Chrome. I tried Firefox and everything works perfect. I’m on Windows 8.1.

LydiaLoftis
    Participant

I am a newbie here. I don’t have any login problem here. Anyway, thankful to you for accepting me as a member.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.