MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion How to go Green

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Nick Rosen 7 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

akhilesh1
    Participant

It’s time we should start talking about eco-friendly products we can use at home or office. It’s time we should all go green.

lamar5292
    Participant

If you want free fuel for your home and you have a ready source of manure (any kind even human) and plant matter you can have free fuel that can be used just like propane and Natural Gas.

I designed and built a solar batch methane generator out of two old barrels and salvaged plumbing. It produces enough methane to run a stove for an hour each day or 3 gas lanterns continuously. I now have a six barrel system that runs a converted generator for electricity to run my workshop 3 hours a day.

Methane can be used in NG appliances without any change and propane appliances with a larger NG orrifice.

This is free fuel!

LaMar

http://www.simlplesolarhomesteading.com

BeWaterWise Rep
    Participant

One way to go green is to save water at home and at the work place. Today when fresh water level in many parts of the world have dropped significantly, water conservation is very important. Little things like turning off the faucet when you brush your teeth can save over 3 gallons per day. If you go to http://www.bewaterwise.com/tips01.html you find a whole page on tips on how to save water both indoors and outdoors. Check them out and also pass them on to friends, family and colleagues.

Nick Rosen
    Keymaster

There is only one way to go green and that is to drastically reduce your consumption of everything.

Anything less is mere window dressing

Contrary to popular belief, a small reduction in your carbon footprint is of negligible importance.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.