MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums Food Hit the mother lode!

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  WrethaOffGrid 4 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

WrethaOffGrid
    Keymaster

Did I ever make a haul today! I live about 40 miles from a college, they have a meat sciences lab there, they basically raise beef cattle and butcher them there, they assure us that they don’t use hormones, antibiotics or other nasty chemicals on the cattle, they are grass fed. The public can go in and purchase meat, it’s cheaper than buying the garbage they sell in the local grocery stores and WAY cheaper than the organic meat they occasionally offer in the grocery stores… The biggest drawback is you never know if they will have meat or not, most of the time when we go there, they have meat, sometimes they don’t, so when they do have meat, it’s a good idea to stock up. I also found out that they also butcher your meat animals if you want them to, for a fee of course, but it’s less than it would cost to go to a retail place that does it.

I purchased just a little over 10 lbs of hamburger meat, one really good thing about buying hamburger this way is it’s ONE animal, when you buy from grocery stores, you are getting dozens if not hundreds of different animals in your ground beef, the likely hood of getting a sick, diseased (or worse) animal is very high.

This time the price was a bit higher than it was last time I went in, prices are going up everywhere, but it’s still cheaper than what I get in the grocery store, AND I’m getting quality meat, not questionable meat…

I would suggest looking around at your local colleges and see if they have a meat sciences lab there AND if they sell meat to the public, it’s worth checking into.

Wretha

caverdude
    Participant

meat sciences lab and its not Franken beef? hmm. I hope you are right, they are not deceiving the public.

http://blog.larrydgray.net

WrethaOffGrid
    Keymaster

Yeah I know, meat SCIENCES LAB does sound suspicious, but I’ve seen their cattle, it is grass fed, I’ve also seen their butcher shop, they are legit.

Wretha

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.