MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Hi – Everyone from Great Britain!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Percival 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jahjah
    Participant

Hello, I joined up today after viewing some of the British YouTube videos provided by offgridnick [thanks Nick, much appreciated] (http://www.youtube.com/user/offgridnick)

I would like to know if their is a current list of people in Britain that are currently living off-grid? If a list is not available, maybe we can start one in this thread. A simple “Hello, My name is (insert name), I’m located near (insert area)” would make a good point of contact for others already living off-gird, or for people thinking of living off-grid in the future.

Would love to hear back from you all.

All the best

Ben

Okay, to get the list started:

1. Hello, My name is Ben, I’m located near Buckinghamshire

Currently not off-grid, but very fast working my way towards it. I work as a graphic designer/ web designer.

Nick Rosen
    Keymaster

Hi – Great to see this post – anyone want to give their details?

drewdunnrespect
    Participant

hiya ben

i live in the north east and currently live with the rents being only twenty two but am eventually want to live off grid and on a narrowboat that is self suficant as possible and am also into bushcraft and the outdoors

anyways and have joined this forum to see how to effectively live green

drew

Nick Rosen
    Keymaster

Hiya – great idea – I’m Nick and I am off-grid in my van near London. But also you can go to http://www.www.off-grid.net/how-it-works/ and put in your details and mark your map reference.

http://www.www.off-grid.net/how-it-works/

transitphil

Yep, great idea. We’re a family of 3 returning to uk from abroad. Have bought a 30ft converted horsebox which we’ll be living in on land somewhere in Norfolk, solar and generator powered, maybe wind gen if the site is windy enough. doubtful in norfolk, unless right on the coast.

We lived in a 35ft boat on the Broads before we came away, so if you need/want any advice, please get in touch. Not experts by a long way but…

As always in the uk, finding the site/boatyard is the hardest part, don’t even bother approaching planning authorities. Read nick’s book, plenty of advice in there. (now, where to site the polytunnel?)

regards, phil

Percival

Hi…,

I am newbie.I am from United Kingdom.I am a business man.Nice to meet you people here.

lift hire

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.