MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums First Aid Healing burns

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  beast 4 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ladyapril
    Participant

One of my favorite herbal medicines is a homemade burn slave. Got a sun burn or other type of burn? Mix honey and aloe vera and apply to the burn 3X a day.(please do an allergy check first and make sure your not allergic to either item/never feed honey to a child under 1year) Ancient Egyptians used to use honey to treat burns( when tested in modern times by scientists, they found the honey actually increases the rate at which the burns heal)This is because honey has antiseptic and antibacterial properties. So ladies throw a little honey/lemon juice on for a face mask-leave on 15 minutes(this will help zap zits and leave your skin soft!)

WrethaOffGrid
    Keymaster

Sounds good ladyapril, hopefully it’s local raw honey, that’s the best… the stuff they sell in the stores in the little bears and such are often a mere shadow of its former self, sometimes it’s not even 100% honey…

A few days ago I wanted to do a face masque, I was eating a banana so I saved the last inch of the banana, mashed it, poured in some raw honey and some lemon, I applied this to my freshly washed face and neck, I left it for about half an hour then rinsed it off… my face felt baby smooth. A good addition to that would have been some plain yogurt.

Wretha

ladyapril
    Participant

Thats a good idea to add the bananas, I like that :)

beast
    Participant

i just scrub my face with sand, cleans deep and leaves it nice and smooth :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.