Media Workers and TV Researchers - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Have Land In Missouri/ Need Physical Help

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Bikerman
    Participant

Hi Countrygurl, I’m close by, sorta, and we should talk I’d say. Your offer is a very good one, but have you checked with the county as to setting off one acre, in most areas now in Mo. the minimum for a rural leagl lot is 3 acres due to the DNR restrictions for septic systems, you may not be able to give (or sell) a one acre parcel. You could give a one 5th interest to 5 acres, but that will present some future legal problems if it’s not set up properly. People die, the have arguments, the take bankruptcy and encrochments or easements as well as assignments need to be thought out with great care if a clear deed is not being made. Be happy to help out if you think it’s necessary. And, I’d be interested in helping others simply for the opportunity to visit occassionally, a camping destination. Good luck in getting your place the way you want it! :)

Nick Rosen
    Keymaster

Hello fellow Missourian as Bikerman said the splitting of any property less than three acres in Missouri is almost pointless as far as waste treatment goes the states allowance of waste ponds is a minimum of 5 acres and a septic is required for less than 5. Now they are rather lax in their investigating of compliance but it can lead to problems later on. On to your request of help for your property as a near by off-gridder. I would be willing to help for no compensation besides helping to grow our community awareness in the area. I am about two hours east of Springfield near West Plains and if interested in solar power or other green energies I would be most glad to help out. I am a electrician with solar experience and currently live with solar and a backup geni as my power source. I am not a great carpenter but i can definitely help with the carpentry part

Hillbilly126
    Participant

Greetings my fellow Missourians! I came close 4 years back to obtaining 5 acres down by Mountain View, sad to say the area was infested with tweakers, including the sellers. It’d have been a perfect base for extended canoe trips, only minutes away from 11 point, Jacks Fork, and the Current. For now I’m staked out in NW Missouri, would love to network and get acquainted with fellow Missourians.

Nick Rosen
    Keymaster

Mountain view aint so bad now the meth thing is starting to fade away as more and more of the users go to jail or die. jacks fork is my backyard heck that’s where i bathed all summer its a great area and actually thanks to the meth users the land in the area is super cheap so many of the users had family property and lost it. I got a neighboring property 10acres that was fully otg with solar and a three bedroom house on it that i am waiting for it to go up for auction due to back taxes the guy got busted making meth and is in prison for the next 20 yrs 2 yrs ago. This April if he or his Representative doesn’t pay the taxes it will be mine.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.