Off Grid Home Forums Technical Discussion Green Laundromat-HHO for Hot Water Tanks and Dryers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I own two laundromats and have a very large carbon footprint. The industry is looking at more efficient systems but in the end, laundries use a lot of heat and their is no way around that. My goal is to reduce my natural gas usage by 40% to 50% over the next two years via super insulation of tanks and lines, heat recovery and alternative fuels.

I have been reading up on the hydrogen generators and will be starting experiments soon on use of HHO for hot water tanks and dryers. It appears I can add the HHO gas threw the air intakes as well for both systems as the propane merely enters an open burner that pulls in air.

I currently use 1.25 million BTUs to keep 500 gallons of water at 130 degrees and 30 dryers at each store.

I am assuming I need to use orifices that are a bit smaller or reduce the Natural Gas pressure on the line so the mix is controlled (seeing as how overheating the box may not be a good thing).

Does anyone have experience with this type of system?

Thanks,

Jim

Anonymous
    Inactive

Jim,

I’d like to know if you’ve had any success in this particular area since your last posting. I think this is a critical area of transitional research and that your line of thinking on this issue is technically sound.

Don

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I am curious if you have used any alternatives to heat your water. We are a solar thermal comany that have systems to heat liquids from the energy generated from solar energy. Thank you,

Steve

Anonymous
    Inactive

Some info on your location for possible solar and local laws

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.