MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion going off the grid

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dustoffer 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

wolfhybred1

hello everyone, i’m new to this forum going to need all the help I can get. I just purchased some land in Ash Fork Az, in the Kaibab Knolls Estate Area, I’ve heard alot of good and the bad about part of Az. but I don’t let that bother me looking forward to my move, I will be going back and forth time to time. Anyone living there would appreciate any info.is there cell phone coverage up there, and iternet? I already have solar system, water there is a haul in or delivery what type of wild life should I be worried about, well I can go on forever I’m on this journey alone kind of scary but excited. I have to install a septic system for my travel trailor, is alowed fulltime with approved system, thats going to be bit expensive. Oh well. Hey appreciate all, the comments.

Dustoffer
    Participant

Ash Fork is in a red zone on the pockets of freedom thread link’s map—bummer for alternative power(solar, wind, micro-hydro) and building materials(tires, bales, etc. & possibly a bummer for compost toilets and catchment/grey water recycling systems). You would think AZ would be an all green state. Deer, elk, mountain lions and bears are in that area, along with skunks, porcupines, coyotes, and foxes. The subdivision may have covenants, not sure on underground water and annual rainfall for catchment (if it is even allowed). Fire danger, snow loads and wind loads, permits needed and costs should be at the county website. Check for growing region in the PoF thread. Make sure your septic is at least 1000 gallons and the leach field is located away from any future building. Bummer about having to pay for water, research recycling water systems. Some places in the mountains get no cell phone or even free TV and radio. You have to just try and see. I’m in such a place in CO and need satellite for TV, no radio, and ground line is in for phone and DSL, but wasn’t at first. I’m in a neutral area where putting in an Earthship, solar power, and building were a little over-regulated and considerable paperwork and engineering expense, but not too much. I live in a covenanted area where trailers(for living permanently) and mobile homes are not allowed, so property values are better maintained.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.