Media Workers and TV Researchers - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Going off grid with no money for land

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anna-in-Tenerife
    Participant

Hi all. I live on Tenerife in the Canary Islands. I should add that I’m Scottish and not Canarian or Spanish. My point of this post, I really really want to get away from the rat race and my call center job. My partner feels the same. We would love to live off grid, however, at this time we have no large sum of cash to buy land (or run down cottage on a parcel of land, which would be our preference). We will have in the future when my partner gains an inheritance. My question is, is it possible to find a place to live off-grid without money to start off with? We don’t own our house, we rent it. We’re both in our 50s and very fit and healthy. We’re just totally sick to death of our society life and our jobs. Any advice would be greatly appreciated 🙂.

Roguy
    Participant

Seems pretty tough to be honest. You’d be renting, which leaves your time there up to the discretion of the owner if they decide to move in or sell it. Not the worst outcome though, especially if you have some money coming in down the line. I think the real obstacle may be finding a place you can rent with enough land to do what’s necessary and an owner that will let you do. Hope you find something!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.