MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Going off grid with Cancer?

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  psimation 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

bluecollarbean
    Participant

Let me start by saying I want so much to be able to go off grid and have a life while I am still able… But does anyone have any ideas how to go about doing it with terminal cancer? Right now I am in remission, but it’s only a matter of time. I was just curious if there is anyone out there who has experience with this. Currently, I have a chemo type treatment every three weeks and have to have ekg’s done every other month to make certain my heart continues to be healthy. So for this alone, I just keep assuming I am stuck, but maybe someone else has some advice???

elnav

We have had both family and friends live with cancer in remission.

With a heart condition you probably can’t do heavy physical work but everything else should be doable. I advised one person who had a physical limitation so she could not pull start a small genset. We used the power feed for her hydraulic tailgate for her wheel chair to charge up her house battery when the solar panels did not get sufficient sunlight.

The key detail is whether or not you can still get to the treatment center for treatment. Cars can be fitted with hand controls for people who cannot use their legs so no reason why off-road vehicles cannot be fitted to drive to an off grid location. Best enjoy life now because it will not last forever.

lillianjuliad
    Participant

wow, I am highly interested in this topic as well. I am living with stage 4 cancer right now and after a series of seizures that I’ve had recently, I’ve never been more passionate about living off grid… and out of the pollution that is surely killing me. I also have to have treatment for 2 weeks on, 1 week off so I have to stay near a major city in order to do that… other than that… I’m willing to drive 2 hours or so that I can start living off-grid in a much more rural area. I don’t know how much time I have left, but honestly I don’t even care.. I want to start right away!

psimation
    Participant

We are doing it off grid. I’m handicapped for over 26 years. My sweety is 16 year Breast Cancer Survivor with Hep C from that surgery and treament. We just hobble along and chip away at the projects.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.