MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion going off grid in Oklahoma

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  puppymama 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

offthegridinok
    Participant

We are going off grid due to cost to get electricity brought to us. We are making our home from a portable building. Take a look. Solarcabin.org. thats our blog. We are still researching some things but have a lot of research done. If any one has comments or ideas please pass them on to us. We have you tube videos of what we have done. The biggest issue at present is water. Still working that out. We can haul water but looking for other options.

WrethaOffGrid
    Keymaster

I will say that his blog is a good one, he is just starting out, and is so far doing a good job. We have been emailing back and forth a few times, saying “hi” and giving info. I like that he is using a portable building, where I hail from we call them Morgan buildings, they are for sale all over the place now.

Welcome offthegridinok (not sure if you want your name mentioned here so I’ll not use it without permission).

Wretha

offthegridinok
    Participant

(wave) Wretha,

Good to see and hear from you.   Using my first name want hurt (giggle).   I am Bill or aka offthedridinok.  Things are slowly progressing along.

puppymama
    Participant

took a look at your blog. impressive. gives me some ideas for the future when the wanderdust shakes off my feet.

Stephanie, Mona (the chihuahua), Emma & Bear (yorkiehua puppies)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.