MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Going off-grid in northern ontario, Canada

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  GardensWaterwheels 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

TrufulaTree
    Participant

I want to purchase land in northern Ontario to start living off the grid within the next couple of years or maybe sooner. Would anyone be interested in splitting costs so we could start a community or small group of people? I’m a single guy, 18 years old and I hope I can find some like minded people to make this a reality.

canuck111
    Participant

Hi  I am canuck111 on the map. I have a place in northern Ontario and I am looking for people. Buy in can be discussed but minimal investment. Check me out on the map and come for a visit.

GardensWaterwheels
    Participant

@Canuck What’s your lifestyle like? Indeed the idea of loosing such reliance on the monetary system would do the world and yourself some good. And a healthy way of life will help you and the planet, especially if it could be many’s cup of tea. I am interested in beginning a way of life that involves a plot of land with a stream nearby sufficient to place one or two water wheels to make all the power requirements if possible and  growing much organic produce of all kinds and trading my produce for the weekly food needs one cant get from the garden.. Hopefully some way to earn enough money to pay for wifi too ;) What do you think about this? How do you live that is different to my ideal? How do you get things like milk, butter, meat, bread etc.? Do you earn an income? If so how? How did you get from where you were to where you are now? :)

Regards from Tauranga, New Zealand

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.