MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Family wanting to start farm

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  trynity 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

trynity

Lets see I’m not sure how to go about this but here we go.We are looking to buy some land or run down farm we have secure income and a lot of farming background we know a lot about cattle, horses, crops, irrigation, my husband can operate machinery and fix it as well.He went to school for electronics.The reason I saw all this is we have been thinking that we might be better off doing it with some other people. Please do not mind my wording I’m not sure how to word this.We are Hoping maybe to find someone who has some land and needs help getting going.Work as a team.Or that might want to sell a part of their land to us on payments or something. Any ideas would be helpful

hardworkinghippy
    Participant

Trynity,

There are people here from all over the world, so you’ll have to tell us where you live or where you want to relocate to.

We’re farming in France and from our experience, the sort of thing you’re looking for is possible with enough preparation and open discussion between the people involved.

trynity

Sorry we are in Kentucky but very open to location but needs to be in the U.S. we wanted to go to Costa Rica where my grandfather owns property but sadly can not

hardworkinghippy
    Participant

Why not start by putting an ad in the local farming press in Kentucky saying that you’re looking for a farm to share? Talk to local banks – they know when people are looking for outside investment or go and visit a few old-timers in farming areas and talk to them about your dream, they’ll know of people.

Have a look at this site for details of newspapers and journals:

http://www.kyfb.com/federation/home.asp

trynity

That would be so incredible!!! sadly my ex who has nothing to do with the children will not let me take them out of the country.We did find some land 122 acres for 85,000 they want 4,500 down and 695 a month here in KY but we are looking for someone who wants to go in halves on it anyone want to move to Kentucky

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.