Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

We have all heard of drones, those unmanned and sometimes armed flying spy machines, I just watched an interesting and somewhat scary video that NOVA put out on these.

Watch Rise of the Drones on PBS. See more from NOVA.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Last summer, The town below us had a three day festival and the last day we saw what looked like a mini blimp fly across and around the crowd from what looked like 3-5 hunderd feet above, nobody noticed.  The wife saw it first the sun was just behind the mountain. then I noticed it  It was flying about 50 feet above our heads and climbing in altitude  It sounded like it might have been powered by an electric motor it was very quiet and had a faint red blinking light on it as it passed.  I wanted to blast it with the old 12 ga. duck gun,  Wife would not let me.

big brother at his finest.

kd7ura
    Participant

if you see a drone over your house or property and you have no commited any crimes then its an illegal search and you can shoot it down.

most city areas the altitude restrictions on any flight vehicle that can be used to monitor the public is minimum 200 feet AGL.

allready been case tried. enjoy the target practice

ladyapril
    Participant

Reminds me of the drones in battlefield earth—good book

Anonymous
    Inactive

sounds like good paintball practice to me, aim for the lenses…lol

ladyapril
    Participant

or you could really confuse them: when I see a drone fly by, I plan on putting on a bigfoot costume and shaking my fist at the plane, so when they look at the footage–they will not know what to think. we should mess with them

GridlessSuzy
    Participant

I don’t worry about any drones, actually, I don’t worry about ‘big brother’ at all. They know everything they need to know about everybody who uses bankcards, or any cards for that matter, cellphones, internet, gps-system in your car, goes to the city where there are cameras everywhere, health insurance… ‘Big brother’ is everywhere, unless you have something to hide you really should not worry about it.

GridlessSuzy, I was with you until that last sentence…. those of us who are conservative, Christian, pro or ex military, pro-gun, pro-second amendment, pro-constitution, independent, (I could go on) are considered potential enemies of the state, potential domestic terrorists, WE did nothing wrong and yet we are being categorized as someone that the powers that be should watch and be concerned about. I have done nothing wrong, nothing illegal and yet there are a plethora of alphabet agencies who regularly visit my blog, what are they looking for? If I have nothing to worry about, nothing to hide, then why do they come back time after time, why not look once, see that there is nothing wrong and don’t come back?

If you wish to give away your freedom for security, well we all know where that goes… I suppose you wouldn’t have anything against the police putting up roadblocks and going through your car each time you drive, or going through your home without a warrant or suspicion that anything is amiss…. after all, if you have nothing to hide…

GridlessSuzy
    Participant

WrethaOffgrid, Is there anything, other than going off-grid, we can do about that? Not that I know off, so I live my life the way I feel is right, not like they want me to, as long as I do what I do within certain boundaries I have nothing to fear. I don’t care wether I am categorized as someone they feel have to watch or not. The reason they visit your blog is because you are a free spirit living outside the box they want people to live in. They are curious about your way of thinking, maybe they are even learning about certain things you write. If there are enough people like you/us out there, they probably even changes laws, not necessarily for the worst. Their main goal is to keep the people calm, witch they managed pretty well until people started going off-grid and growing their own food. If the government is smart(!) or wise(!) they don’t see that as a threat of insubordination but as an improvement to make the land more sufficient, especially in these times of economic chaos…

Anonymous
    Inactive

the govt sees everything out of the ordinary as a threat
    there has been discussion on the floor about making off-grid living illegal
    cuz it takes from their ability to monitor everything we do
    thenew smart appliances and smart meters were designed to do that monitoring
    and those who are off-grid are off the monitor
    they dont like that at all
    believe me getting stopped every time you leave home just cuz youre not part of the status quo gets old FASt!
    BEEN THERE, DONE THAT

Anonymous
    Inactive

drones are a fear tactic, along with some teaching that its ok to give up sovereignty for security, this goes along with what gov’t has turned into.

imo govt is no longer govt, its big business to sell off our natural resources, bankrupt the country to china then forclosure on land,

I believe the only sure way to make a stand is to educate and get offgrid and self sustainable, stop the commercial cycle.

the catch about a free and democratic society, is if the politicians can lie and cheat without fear of severe penalties than this will continue no matter what the people do besides take it back themselves,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.