MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Doing my research, and getting a feel for things.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ashtonlesina 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

MsGigglesworth
    Participant

G’day,

I’m potentially looking at buying some land just outside of London, and going off grid. So I’m doing my research, looking for contacts, and basically figuring out what I need to do.

I’m single, 38 years old all the way from Australia/NZ (long story, not important). I can find the land potentially, and raising the capital for a home will take some time. It’s doable. The potential snags I can see is planning permission, and water supply.

I want to get feedback from peeps who actually managed to achieve this in the UK. What resources do I need to start looking at etc. etc.

I need to be relatively close to London, the majority of my work is there, though I do spend a lot of time away so this will be a consideration also.

The idea is economical living, and owing as little money as possible for least amount of time.

Gigglesworth

ashtonlesina
    Participant

Personally, I do not agree with you. It will be just waste of time to research on this matter. You will get confused finally. The best option for buying a land is to hire a realtor of that area. Study well about the region you are looking for and find out the best agent. To buy a land, I don’t have any other option.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.