MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums DIY DIY water purifier

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jengr 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

beast
    Participant

with a little work and materials anyone can have a steady flow of clean drinkable water
    with this sytem, itll clean all of it and make it fit to drink
    it just wont do it fast
    the spirulina can be used for food for you and your livestock or as fertilizer and as it purifies the water it makes fresh clean oxygen too

http://people.tribe.net/f5f23af8-e667-404b-9b71-61112ac74efb/photos/0dc5cf95-a394-40e6-b6cc-0595e3073e16

Dustoffer
    Participant

I made a filter in high school Biology.  Swamp water into a coffee can with a hole in the bottom.  Fine sand bottom with courser sand above, then small pebbles to larger rocks at the top.  Then I added one drop of tincture of iodine to a glass, stirred a minute then drank it.

We use screen pre-filters for my catchment tank.  It goes by DC pump with a switch, through a very good filter, if pure water is needed.  Otherwise the water is used for all the gardens.  Gravity to waterers, and hand watered.  I learned not to use plastic tubes for drip irrigation from their twisting tendency.  Not enough room for the spirulina method.

Apparently beast felt too censored and left.  I was gone because of a forced computer change because of an antivirus virus.  Lost all the contacts and favorites.  Now I am back.  The old vet with all solar and Earthship in CO at 8,878′.

jengr
    Participant

Does this filter out aluminum and other toxins being sprayed around the globe?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.