MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums DIY DIY flip flops

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  sorbeadindia 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

WrethaOffGrid
    Keymaster

http://greenissuessingapore.blogspot.sg/2012/06/t-shirt-slippers.html

These are made from old t-shirts, they look comfy and easy to make…

beast
    Participant

the tread from old bia-ply tires, the kind without steelbelts, make great long wearing soles for shoes, sandals and flipflops. most people will never wear them out

WrethaOffGrid
    Keymaster

My hubby PB wears sandals made from old tires, he is on his second set, they hold up pretty well, I’ll try to get a picture or two and post them here.

Wretha

caverdude
    Participant

On one of the Naked and Afraid shows, one guy got mad at the African thorns and made a pair of sandals from bark and natural cordage.  Was interesting to see how badly we need shoes sometimes, since we don’t have hoofs. I guess most animals have thick leather like food pads. Of course native Americans made Moccasins from deer hide. They had an advantage in stealthy walking. Probably a great advantage in hunting.

http://blog.larrydgray.net

WrethaOffGrid
    Keymaster

Out where I live, you do need foot protection, there is always something poking, sticking, stinging, biting and otherwise trying to puncture your tootsies…

beast
    Participant

lol, up until i joined the marines i never wore shoes
    not even in school, they hated it but learned early
    i didnt care what they thought and didnt listen…lol
    anyways, youd be amazed at how tough your feet can get
    i stepped on a roofing nail in my late teens and peeled off
    nearly a half inch thick callous, didnt feel a thing til i took the next step…lol

sorbeadindia
    Participant

nice

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.