Media Workers and TV Researchers - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Define OFF THE GRID

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    TUF
    Participant

For me, OTG living is about adaptability.

The best way I can explain my frame of mind is that if you are a prepper and are able to camp in the wilderness for 1 week or more at a cabin with no electicity, that is all that matters to me.

No need to be hardcore right now. Just as long as you are able to make the transition easily if something happens.

Dustoffer
    Participant

A lot of views, but the first post nailed it.

akahardhead
    Participant

“OFF THE GRID”…Well I am sure what has been offered thus far has its own truths in one way or the other, but allow me to share my definition.

When a person decided to live independently, or as independently as they deem acceptable, for as we are all aware, we have some folks in this world that pull up a section of concrete each day and call it home.

Nevertheless, “Off the Grid” means something different to everyone seeking to attain it, but for the most part it means free from the normal pressures and demands to perform of the rest of the world, to eat well, live clean, without all the hype and hoopla one finds in America Suburbia.

Now some take this to being lost amongst the sea of people in this world, while others like no more noise or pollution generated than a bird and manifest, but to find the true meaning of what “Off The Grid” means, YOU have to determine this for yourself and your family then seek it with all your heart, mind and soul.

Cahow
    Participant

“Now some take this to being lost amongst the sea of people in this world, while others like no more noise or pollution generated than a bird and manifest, but to find the true meaning of what “Off The Grid” means, YOU have to determine this for yourself and your family then seek it with all your heart, mind and soul.”

My goodness, akahardhead: your answer is one of the best darn answers for Off The Grid I’ve ever read!!! Bravo, I take my e-hat off to you. Anyone who’s lived the rural life with crops/harvesting/and animals, knows that you’re just trading ONE rat-race for another! Being responsible for multiple head of anything or crops knows you’re just as tied into that wellness and care as a 9-5 office job. Just different surroundings, that’s all. Overhauls vs. 3-piece suit but still demands on your time.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.