MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Dec 21, 2012 end of the world?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  greg 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

WrethaOffGrid
    Keymaster

With the Dec 21, 2012 Mayan “end of the world”, end of the long count calendar coming up at the end of this week, what are your thoughts on this? Have you made any changes or done anything as a result of this particular “event”?

We all know that Y2K was a non-event, nothing happened, but that didn’t stop people from being afraid of the potential problems that were predicted. I believe that this will also turn out to be a non-event, but I will say that in all honesty, that was in the back of my mind when I was going off grid 5 years ago, that is not the reason why I went off grid, it was something I had always wanted to do, for myself, not because of any doom and gloom reasons, BUT with that being said, I did want to be fully established, living off grid by the time this date rolled around, not because I fear some major catastrophe that may or may not come, but because of the way the people in highly populated city centers may act.

People are unpredictable, in small numbers they are not much of a threat, but get people en-mass, and things can change, one or two radicals in a large group of otherwise normal and calm people can cause a chain reaction of bad behavior, personally I wanted to be well away from the potentially problematic masses. I suspect there are going to be lots of “end of the world” parties and get togethers, some will be in fun, people using anything as an excuse to party, some will be serious with people waiting for the end to come. I fully expect to wake up on Saturday to an essentially unchanged world.

What are your thoughts?

Wretha

centralpafarm
    Participant

I agree with you but i am still prepared in all ways. That means keeping my karma clean and not judging others and not stealing etc etc and helping those in need with my supplies if needed. No need for a gun here because i will not use one against another human anyway. To me life here on earth is but a tiny portion of my spiritual existence Hugs Danie

WrethaOffGrid
    Keymaster

Thanks Danie, I am fascinated by all the reasons why people do the things they do :) Being prepared in all ways, no matter what or why is the best way IMHO.

How are things going in your corner of the world?

Wretha

centralpafarm
    Participant

all is well but my new puter doesn’t let me stay signed on when i click forum

centralpafarm
    Participant

wow weird everytime i try to sign on at the main page  then switch to the forum i get knocked and come up signed off except this old rickety puter still works

WrethaOffGrid
    Keymaster

Might be your new computer is not processing the cookies correctly…?

Jimbo13
    Participant

“wow weird everytime i try to sign on at the main page  then switch to the forum i get knocked and come up signed off except this old rickety puter still works”

Its not you, the forums are buggy reload it a few times and hope it works,

centralpafarm
    Participant

today I click the site and I am automatically here and logged in cool

check out this wonderful site below which wasn’t approved into the bible. it has so much goodness from Yahshua

http://www.gospelofthomasfullyinterpreted.com

offthegridinok
    Participant

End of the World, End of the Mayan calendar.   Well History explains the calendar but the end of the world.  I am NOT a religious person in no shape fashion or form.  BUT i do read the Bible (yes I did it I typed Bible).   It says NO man (person) knows when the end of the world is.  SO I go with that.

We decided to go off the grid to get away from the Governmental Control of our lives.  They control oil prices which control electrical prices.  They  mandate stupid over bearing regulations on every utility a on grid person has to pay and in doing so the GOV keeps our financial situation at there control.

Going off the grid allows the freedom to live life the way we want according to how we setup our lifestyle.  Yes Money limits what we do but we are better at using our money to suit our lifestyle without the GOV intervention.   So our simple life remains ours to live as long as we keep out of the site of the Powers above.

My advice is to live for you and your family in the best manner you can and keep it simple.  Be law abiding but dont let the law ruin your life.

greg
    Participant

Its only the mayan calendar end but the world is still existing. There is really an end of the world but no one know when it is going to happen. What’s matter is that we should be prepare physically and spiritually. Making everyday as if this is the last day because through that we would be able share our love to other and appreciate all things that we have.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.