MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Cheap and easy Cabin

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Alrod53 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Alrod53
    Participant

Happy Spring to everyone, and it time to get the projects going again. We already have our root crops in and plan on getting the lettuces,peas and favas in the ground in this weekend if it doesnt rain. I feel that I have to show this cabin off that I have started for the inlaws to stay in when they visit next month. It is 8 x 12 with a loft. Granted not very big but it is sort of an experiment on low buck micro housing made from pallets and shipping crates that we get for free. Pallets are oak bolted together and the siding is pine and we even recycled most of the nails that we pulled taking apart the various crates and pallets. So far we have 76 bucks invested as you might see in the picture that it is off of the ground it sits on 6×6 posts and 6×6 timbers that were also found. We fashoned a temporary scaffolding around 3 sides to make a good level footing for a ladder because it is on the side of the mountain and I hate ladders but as it turns out the wife says maybe it should stay and made bigger for a deck.We have galvanized roofing that we got from an old factory that collapsed from snow load a few years ago free for the taking just going to fill the old nail holes with 3m’s 5200 calking, And when finished I figure that we will have about 250 bucks in it with double payne windows, woodstove and loo composting toilet. When finished we are going to start another 12 x 16 on skids and move it to the top of the mountain with a dozer. If I can build this anyone can I’m not even a very good carpenter, I’m into working with steel and welding and mechanical stuff. If I can help anyone with ideas shoot us an email we will try to help. endlessenigmafrm@aol.com

Alrod53
    Participant

Hummm.Cant figure out how to post the picture..Sorry..look for them on landbuddy.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.