MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Campervan UK with hope for community

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Marc_uk 5 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Dusu
    Participant

Hi forum. Just registered. Myself, my wife, and my dog had to leave our house at the end of last year. We sheltered at my parents house for a few months but have now moved into a campervan. We’ve been living in it now for about 4 or 5 months. Ideally we are looking for somewhere we can call home again but have been stripped of all savings and credit potential. Ive been working minimum wage jobs to cover costs, and soon will be moving into a farm to work and live if plans work out. Essentially however we would like to join or help form a self sustainable community in the UK. We are both hard workers but want freedom from the system like so many others. We have done the career slog and seen the light. My wife loves to garden, and I love to build things, and now we just want to be happy. We would like to meet similar if possible.

Not expecting much but as a newcomer here I thought I’d outline our position and feelings.

Kindest regards,

Jason, Emily, and Max

WrethaOffGrid
    Keymaster

Welcome Jason, Emily and Max,

Hope you find what you are looking for :)

Wretha

Marc_uk
    Participant

Hi Jason and family, I can’t actually help you I’m afraid but thought Id say hello anyway.

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve lost everything, times are hard for lots of people. I hope the farm situation comes off, that will be a great relief if it works out I’m sure.

I was living in a van for 5 years so have a idea how things are for you.

There are various communities in the UK but of course having no capital is a big drawback.

There’s a UK site you could try – lowimpact.org

Hope things improve for you,

Marc

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.