MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Brits living off grid

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  WrethaOffGrid 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

leopardfilms
    Participant

Hello

My name is Emily and I work at an award winning independent television production company in London called Leopard Films.

We’re currently developing a series about British people who are opting for a simpler way of life and cutting loose the constraints of daily living, either in the UK or overseas. We are looking to get in touch with adventurous individuals who have decided to leave the daily grind behind for a more primitive way of life ‘off grid’. Perhaps you have chosen to live without reliance on public utilities for things like electricity and water, or you’re currently living a life without being governed by the increasing cost of household bills. Whether you have ditched modern living for a life that is going back to basics, or you’re simply reveling in a more simplistic, more self-sufficient way of life, then we would love to hear from you.

I can be contacted on this forum, or alternatively I can be reached at the following telephone number: 0207 704 3330 ext.455 or at EmilyBunt@leopardfilms.com

Thank you in advance and looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Emily

WrethaOffGrid
    Keymaster

Good luck Emily, it seems that shows like these tend to poke fun at those who are wanting to live more simply, portraying them as simple minded, redneck, gun hording, roadkill eating crazy people you wouldn’t want for a neighbor… I can tell you that I have personally turned down quite a few of these “reality shows” and afterward, when the shows aired, I was very glad I had turned them down.

Wretha

caverdude
    Participant

Are you looking for video I guess? not all of us are born stars.

I like your comment wretha.

WrethaOffGrid
    Keymaster

Thanks caverdude, it’s the truth, even some of the more “serious” survival reality shows are questionable, though they at least try to put on a serious face, I promise you those reality shows make the people in them out to be a big joke.

Wretha

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.