MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Book Recomendation

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ttab 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

ttab
    Participant

Hi All;

Since things are a little slow here on the forum I thought that I would pop my head up from lurking and throw out a book recomendation. The books Shantyboat, Shantyboat on the Bayou, and Payne Hollow are all by Harlin Hubbard. The books describe Harlin and Anna’s off grid life for 40 years. Harlin was an artist and writer and Anna was a musician. While the books are “true life adventure” there aren’t any “thrill a minuite” parts. But still a pleasant and very inspiring read. I’m sure many of you already know of these books. I just thought that I would mention them for the people who are not familuar with them.

Rich

UnhookedLiving
    Participant

Hi Rich, thanks for the info. I have never heard of those books. I myself released an ebook last month called The Truth About Simple Unhooked Living, based on personal experience. The focus is on why people opt for the lifestyle, exactly how I did it very simply, cheaply, and comfortably; and the laws that complicate the simple life in the US.

ttab
    Participant

Well Unhooked I guess my post accomplished it’s goal,at least one more person is aware of these books. I knew of them because they are local to me. One extra good thing about them is that they have been out for 20 years so I’m sure they are available through your local library (i.e. free). They will take you to a time and place gone and never to be seen again.

Just a little FYI to those that might be interested; I happened to see a program about the Hubbards on the Kentucky Educational Television network recently. The program is available online. Go to http://www.ket.org then Kentucky Life then Video Archives then Episode 814.

Rich

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.