MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums Gardening Better Tomatoes

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  WrethaOffGrid 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

WrethaOffGrid
    Keymaster

OK, it’s deep winter, so it’s time to start thinking, planning for next spring, and now’s the time to do it :)

I found this interesting article on how to grow better, bigger and more tomatoes

http://www.hometalk.com/446407/tomatoes-and-their-need-for-water

I started may 28th planting 4 tomatoes around a garbage can with holes drilled in the bottom rim and a second row up about 10 inches… buried the can to where the top holes just barely were above the ground… put in two shovels full of compost… then I fill the can up with water ever 2 days and try not to water the leaves… these four plants are now 5 ft 4 inches in less that a month and a half and loaded with green tomatoes and about a hundred sets of tomato blossoms…
    • May 28th 2012
    • End of June topping the 3 ft cage
    • July 9th after a week of record high temps and very little rain…the plants here are loaded with tomatoes inside the cage and full of blooms too!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.