MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Being Gay and Living Off-Grid

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jim 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jrpayne2
    Participant

I am interested in finding out about communities that accept, currently have or are a group of gay men living off the grid. I am eager to move towards living in an off-grid community and want to know if anyone has experiences with acceptance of people without bigotry as long as they are honest, responsible and dependable. Any links anyone may have or contacts would be very much appreciated.

Jim
    Participant

I have read this post several times and am still trying to figure out how a person’s sexual orientation relates to living off the grid any more than it would relate to living on the grid. Unless you are specifically looking for a group of gay men for companionship, I do not think it would make any difference at all. The off gridders I know have a habit of minding their own business and expect the same of others. As far as bigotry is concerned, it exists everywhere, in all social strata, and it is not solely directed at gay people. Any time you find two or more people in a group, you’re going to find some kind of bigotry. Get over it and get on with your life and do what you want to do. Do not let other peoples problems become your own or dictate your life for you. This link may be helpful; http://www.bearridgetradingpost.com/.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.