MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion anyone looking for otg in norcal?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  FullThrownMagic 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

lawrence
    Participant

hi i have a place in the countr. im looking for a extra set of hands and eyes. thought id post and see if anyone is in the corning area of or would like to be. i guess il say a little about myself and situation.  . i have my 26ft rv that ive been in for a few years, the and my property i purchased 6 months ago.. i have been a outdoorsman my whole life and was inspired by books like call of the wildand where the red fern grows. my father liked to take me camping and i have always got along in the wild. i have a well trained american bulldog and she gets along with other good dogs.i like to shoot and good at it. im a mean green thumb and like to teach and learn something new when i can. im mechanically inclined and i guess a jack of all trades kind of guy. i like 4wd and all terrain vehicles. ive always looked into the marines but never joined i guess it came down to i dont want to be under someone elses control. the reason i really wanted to join was for the training so i guess im in the prepper thing and have a “be prepared” mentality. i dont drink alcohol any more, have been sober for over a year. im not a angry drunk or bad i jus had a dui and learned from the mistake. i like to twist up a nice joint and kick back after a nice days work.  let me know if your looking for a otg home and like monded. peace

quil04
    Participant

i see you replied to my post but didn’t read my location north central Wa on my post.  Due to the gun restrictions in Ca and the far fetched laws from what i hear from my sister down by porterville Ca more so springville, i am not that intrested in relocating down in cal (plus i cant handle the heat lol). Wa , not only has very little population, the gun laws are rather laxed.  Montana would be more to my liking due to the rockies but  Wa has a rather quaint atmosphere  in it’s hills further from the ocean that i like. Love to live in Alaska yet because of the wife the lower northern 48 will have to do.As far as Canada goes, it is out of the question due to it’s strict gun laws.

Security for my family is the utmost importance to me. Not only do i have Family in both the Canadian and American armed forces but i also have family on the other end of the spectrum as well that has little to no trust in either “Corporations” as most know as Countries.

My family are neither drinkers or smoke the herb. well me and my wife don’t but yet, i yet to see someone to tell me no they are not affiliated in any way shape of form with someone that doe’s use to some extent.

we are not religious yet spiritual but do not practice spirituality to the extent it runs our live’s.

I was fortunate enough to own my own truck and trailer so i traveled all of north america. and spent about 17 yrs in the oil patch in the Arctic from working on oil and service rigs to moving them. As well born and raised on a farm and use to guide for California big horn , black bear , cougar , white and mule deer, so yes i know my way around in the hills pretty good.

Now the reason i wrote to your post is cause how dedicated are you to your location, are you set to keep living there or are you  open to other idea’s and locations.

lawrence
    Participant

well im pretty set to stay here till the season is over. i may be open to other ideas but making a living would be the big factor. once my crops are harvested ill be able to do more.  my area is pretty beautiful and once i get a well drilled ill be more then set. i get turkey and deer through my property almost daily.  thay like to go to the pond in the back. i looked for a couple years till i found something i couldn’t pass up .  what type of ideas or locations are you thinking of.

ezfromslcutah
    Participant

I am planning on traveling down the coast of California and living in a Toyota pickup with a camper for one year, I am interested in checking out your place and working on learning more about your off grid living.  I am 23 student that is taking a year off to focus on traveling and learning/practicing more bush craft related skills

lawrence
    Participant

hay ez thanks for the response. im off hwy 5 near corning so not exactly on the coast. maybe if your in the area we could meet and talk possibilities.  can you support yourself. i lived in my rv(in the city) for several years and it really helped me figure out what i needed to survive off grid but i still had the grid/modern facilities at my disposal if i needed it. i suggest doing a pre run for a week and figure out what you need if you havent already. then after that another week with no outside support. when do you plan on making your trip? what is your level of education? keep in touch peace.

Drpsofpeace
    Participant

Hi Lawrence I live in SF BAy Area and planning to move up north with wife and kids, I am trying to save up money in order for me to make the move. How much does land cost up corning?

norcalll
    Participant

I am searching for somewhere in norcal to get off the grid. Hope you message me back. I am self sufficeint as well as a great fisher hunter tracker etc. Just sick of our government. I have other skills as well. hopefully we can learn from each other. I have a very reliable 4×4  worth a good chunk of change and may trade it for some type of housing if this works out.

norcalll
    Participant

Your post sounds a hell of a lot like me as far as skillset and interests go. B

lawrence
    Participant

hay  norcalll do you have a email i could respond to. i will have a extra living space soon when i get my cabin/shed built. you seem like a reasonable person so let me know how to get a hold of you.

FullThrownMagic
    Participant

I’m all for jumping in and helping out man. I’m 25 years of age and just now opening my eyes to how the world is. I have nothing financially but I have a strong mind and strong body and more than willing to put up my fair share of work. I dont know exactly what you have or have in mind going on but if youre looking for an extra hand, i’m your guy. I grew up in central Maine until I was 15 so i’m an avid outdoorsman. any further skills I need to learn could be learned easily. Get back to me when you can. Preferably through email but if thats not an option i’ll be sure to check back here at least a couple times a week . hockeyguy2406@gmail.com

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.