MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Anyone in Chocise County Arizona?

This topic contains 37 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  desert deb 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author

bwingler
    Participant

We are moving Feb. 18, 2012 to our off grid homestead in Arizona, We are currently in Georgia, Wondering if anyone is in our area there, we have 12 acres there. We bought 440 watts of solar panels and a wind generator to start with. Would like to meet some others in our area.

WrethaOffGrid
    Keymaster

Hubby and I aren’t in Arizona, I do wish you luck in meeting others and luck in your off grid life :)

Wretha

Dustoffer
    Participant

Good luck!! That is a war zone!!

bwingler
    Participant

I don’t know were you get your Info from Dustoffer but all the times i been there for extended periods as we built i never even seen the first mexican.

desert deb
    Participant

Yep. In this county. Agree with your last remark been here several years, no problems. Border patrol does a good job here.

bwingler
    Participant

Hi Deb,

Are you still there, our place is at Tombstone Hertiage Ranch about 10 miles from McNeal. We will be on the road 3 weeks from today. My wife, kids and me.

Jay
    Participant

I wish you the best of luck with your new home. I hope you and your family have a safe journey and may your first year be an easy one.

Once again best of luck

Jay

PS keep a blog if you can of your first few months and what you did. The more info we can gather the better for future people making the move.

desert deb
    Participant

Glad to hear you are getting set up. I think i have been watching you build. We are about 7miles directly north of you. Drop me a mail when you get settled and we can meet at the roundup cafe in elfrida. It a cute cafe and one of the few around. If you need help getting settled let me know.

bwingler
    Participant

Hi Desert Deb, we sure will. It will be my wife, 2 kids and me. We look forward to meeting you. And Jay yes we plan on running a blog with pictures once i figure out how to do it and add photos lol.

bwingler
    Participant

My email address is bwingler52@gmail.com and we have a post office box.

its P.O. Box 25 McNeal Arizona 85617

You can email us Deb and my wife will send you hers. She looks forward to meeting you.

Dustoffer
    Participant

Glad it seems to have improved down there from when the movie “Cochise County, USA—Cries From the Border” was out and for a time after and before.

bwingler
    Participant

I think they add more drama to movies to make it more interesting then what really goes on. There is alot more crime here in Atlanta then out there.

bwingler
    Participant

5 days left and we are on the road, so much to get finished and trailer loaded.

desert deb
    Participant

Looking forward to seeing you. 2days left i suspect you are very busy. Just for your info. Sunday goes into the seventies again an extended map shows mid to high seventies thru next few weeks. You couldnt have ask for better weather to get settled in. Drive safe see ya soon. Deb

bwingler
    Participant

wow what a day it has been, went to repack the bearings on the trailer ended up having to replace one hub it was shot. Hopefully with all the work i have done to the truck, trailer and car we shoudnt have trouble, never know tho, there old vehicles. See ya soon Deb, we plan on leaving at 6 am saturday morning.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.