MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion An awesome Library for Simple Living Skills

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  caverdude 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Jubilee101.com
    Participant

We just recently finished uploading years of educational/instructional material that we have gathered over the past 8 years and have made it available to others who are seeking a simpler life.  The home page for the library is http://www.Jubilee101.com .   If you have any questions or need any help accessing any of the files just contact us using the form on the website.  ENJOY!

Scott

WrethaOffGrid
    Keymaster

Hi Scott and welcome to our forum, your site looks very interesting, I’ve skimmed through it and will go back for more.

If you would, please tell us a bit about yourself. :)

Wretha

Jubilee101.com
    Participant

Well, I have been married to an amazing woman, Donna, for the past 22 years and have two very keen kids – Scotty – 22 yrs and Kaytee – 21 yrs.  We are currently residing in Colorado – since last August but have spent the past 12 years living in western Oregon.  I have worn many hats in my lifetime from a cabling contractor for AT&T to a network technician for the Government Printing Office to a Framer of homes to a Landscaper and many in between.  We have been “feeling” the social and economic climate for at least the past 10 years and have been preparing for whatever may come.  We currently live in a city by choice and have a 1/2 acre lot and are looking to expand on that by one more acre.  We feel that if SHTF we will be needed in the city more so than the country.  We realize that many are afraid of what might happen in the city in a SHTF scenario but, after researching social responses to previous collapses and realizing that most often the anger is directed towards those who are seen as being responsible for the situation and seeing how average individuals most normally pulled together to help one another out, we feel confident in the hearts of people when push comes to shove.  I personally have spent years gathering educational and instructional material that people can use to maintain a certain level of comfort as well as lots of other great information on liberating idealogies which, hopefully the future will attest to, bring more balance to our social structure.  These ideas are not new but just obscure to most people.  How many here have ever even heard of a worker’s cooperative or citizen’s dividend?  The progressive off the grid movement is paralleled by many other movements that when tied together can form a beautiful comprehensive social structure that can work well for all of us.  I have more to share but have a meeting that start in about 15 minutes.  Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Scott

WrethaOffGrid
    Keymaster

Thanks Scott for sharing a bit about yourself, I have skimmed through your site and it certainly looks like there is a lot of valuable information there. I noticed that on some of your categories there are no videos, there are a lot of great informational DIY videos on may subjects on YouTube, I’m sure you already know that. I have lots of links to crochet videos as well as some other DIY videos, if you would like I can send them to you.

Wretha

Jubilee101.com
    Participant

We have had people wanting access to the pdf files so we put those up before we had finished with the videos.  I believe the home page let’s others know that we will be adding the videos in the coming week or two as we have time.  And yes, I would love the links you have.  Thanks in advance,

Scott

caverdude
    Participant

At least one pdf wouldn’t load for me so far. it was the one about bamboo in america.

http://blog.larrydgray.net

Jubilee101.com
    Participant

Thanks for the heads up.  That link should be working now – Bamboo-in-the-United-States

caverdude
    Participant

That’s odd, it worked but it came up in photo negative.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.