MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion a new word “Gridiot”

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  WrethaOffGrid 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

revinger
    Participant

My new word of the day “Gridiot” – those people that make false claims in an attempt to put down and dampen people who want to go off-grid.

Case in point:

http://www.bluestemelectric.com/documents/Document_ID_499.pdf

This is the article that got me steamed. This article was published in just about every US REMC magazine recently. I actually saw it in the Illinois version of the magazine. He has in the past made similar comments that just dont stand up to todays reality. Not sure what he considers ‘only a few in this country who are living off grid’.

Bob

WrethaOffGrid
    Keymaster

Consider the source, remove everything past the .com and you will see they ARE the electric company! Of course they don’t want anyone to go to solar or wind generated power. I really dislike the ROI (return on investment) argument against going off grid, most people aren’t doing this for the ROI, they are doing it to become independent, and it is quite possible, with a bit of “outside the box” thinking to do it on the cheap. :)

Wretha

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.