MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion A good portable solar/hand crank radio/torch??

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  aoyiteled 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Xephy

Ive found pretty good reviews on the Eton Microlink FR160, but does anyone else have any other good suggestions for a lightweight portable setup? Thanx

chowan
    Participant

cant comment on the fr160 but i own a fr 360 and it has been a bit of a disapointment.while it has many cool features it is an energy hog and its been

like that since new.with the onboard rechargeables or good quality dry cells

it does not even get me 24 hours of radio reception and dont kid yourself about the hand crank i cant listen to the radio while im cranking the handle

also the radio reception is not as good (not even close)as an 80s era transistor radio i own.

i will say the led light setup works great and i do enjoy the ability to charge

usb devices if its an emergency and i often carry it camping just for those reasons

aoyiteled
    Participant

Junction temperature is the temperature at the point where an individual diode connects to its base. Maintaining a low junction temperature increases output and slows LED lumen depreciation. The things affecting junction temperature are: drive current, thermal path. The higher the drive current, the greater the heat generated at the die. The amount of heat that can be removed depends upon the ambient temperature and the design of the thermal path from the die to the surroundings.http://www.aoyiteled.net

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.