MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion 30 Year Old Male – Looking to re-evaluate life

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Parsec 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

kpb84
    Participant

Hello all,

First off I’d like to introduce myself, my names Kyle. I’m a 30 year old graphic designer of 15 years who’s been struggling with forcing myself to live a modern lifestyle in a society I truely do not enjoy. Currently I’m living in Casa Grande, Arziona (Central Arizona), ever since growing up in Wyoming, I’ve loved everything nature has to offer, even the harsh winters were some what enjoyable in north western Wyoming. Anywho – I’ve forced myself to live a lifestyle I don’t want to pursue anymore. I’ve always felt out of place in a urban setting yet have never actively had the chance to attempt or learn off grid living, but have had the passion for it since a little boy. I have been contemplating trying to live OG on a 4 acre plot my friend currently owns in Olympia, Washington, but things have fallen apart there and honestly, I have no idea where to start.

I’m an avid fire arm enthusiastic, love the out doors, and actually enjoy working – I do pride myself on having a work ethic even if I hate the work I’m forcing myself to do. I quit this last job two months ago and have been struggling to readjust and keep forcing this mentality upon myself that its 2015 and you HAVE to live a modern, dependent lifestyle. Forcing this upon myself I’ve become a bitter shell of what my youth was and am looking for a more meaningful life. I’ve been a huge fan of survival, outdoors, prepping, hunting, anything nature related, outter space, science, you name it, and would LOVE to learn more but actually doing.

I’m looking to get away from this modern lifestyle and help support others and myself in a way that living should be done, by actually living. I’m a hard worker whos willing to learn the tricks of the trade for a sustainable lifestyle, please, if you’re looking for an open-minded, fun loving, bitter, sarcastic, artistic, outgoing personality with a willingness to learn everything there is to not be dependent upon consumerism, please, email me at kpbogan@live.com. I understand transitioning will be difficult but I’m 100% willing to do this.

Thank you in advance
    Kyle B

edit: Interesting this forum picked up an old avatar I used for an online game

WrethaOffGrid
    Keymaster

Hi Kyle,

Sorry for the late reply, been away for a bit, but now I’m catching up

You sound like someone who could really make a good go at living off grid, I don’t know how your finances are but you seem to have some skills, I would suggest getting your own property, as you have discovered, relying on someone else can be problematic, if your name is on the title, then it’s yours and you don’t have to worry about things falling apart.

If you don’t have the money now, perhaps you could work toward getting some funds, work work work, save save save and be on the lookout for the kind of place you wish to live. There is a lot to consider, what kind of place are you looking for? The properties with “issues” are cheaper to get, my property had access issues, it turned out to be a good thing for us and made the property really inexpensive to get.

Can’t wait to hear what else you have lined up :)

Wretha

Parsec
    Participant

Ok, this is my first post, your thread caught my eye being a creative of offbeat humoured person myself. In your shoes I’d look for some land that has its own water supply, a spring or well, you can hire someone to find water for you. Ty and choose somewhere that’s not inline of two towns in case a road is built in future across your land (this happens!). Level land is more expensive than hilly but land is the best material thing you can buy, better than gold, and that’s coming from someone who’s not particularly materialistic. While you’re saving and working in jobs you don’t like try and travel to places you might like to live at the weekend. I think everyone takes stock of their life when they get to a certain age, it’s just working out a plan of action.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.