Cost See the listing
Nestled high-up at the foothills of the ancient Appalachian mountain range, amidst a budding community of organic growers, this large off-grid property could be used as a family home, divided between family and friends and/or used as a starting point for your own Ecovillage.
- 2,500 sqft,
- 4 bedrooms,
- 3 bathrooms,
- Open concept kitchen/dining,
- 400 sqft yoga/meditation studio on the third-floor.
This 2 year old home has an energy-conserving design, with it’s long axis oriented to the south.
- Super insulated with foot-deep walls of dense-packed blown-in cellulose.
- Steel roof, insulated with dense foam board over mineral wool batts.
- Cement slab foundation on top of a raised gravel pad insulated from under with dense foam board and imbedded with pex for option of future in-ground radiant floor heating.
- 3,000 watt solar assembly with 16 batteries.
- Amish-built wood cookstove for combination of heating, cooking and hot-water.
- Attached garage/workshop.
Two woodsheds; one of which is attached to and accessible from the garage
Attached 3-season solarium with a clear roof on the South-East side of the building.
New septic tank and field.
A newly constructed 480 sqft gathering-place/guest-house/workshop/maker’s space. All solid wood construction with 33 windows and 2 large sections of clear roof panels to allow lots of natural light.
A rustic 650 sqft cottage with a large outdoor Summer kitchen/storage.
A 4.5 acre cleared space surrounded by the forest. The rest of the 50 acre property is densely wooded.
31 raised beds newly installed with soil prepared for this year’s planting season.
The main-building plus the 480 sq ft gathering-place/guest house, the 31 raised-bed garden and roughly 5 acres – $340,000.
The 650 sq ft cottage with outdoor kitchen/storage and roughly 45 acres – $210,000
Purchased together – $500,000
Additional photos can be viewed on our website: www.andev.xyz
Leave a Reply