News and Media postings - Seeking case studies? Please, before you post, write to news@off-grid.net for authorisation.

Home Forums General Discussion Land Available in Scotland, UK

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  website hosting 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi There.

I have recently aquired a plot of land in Scotland due to the death of my Grandfather who used the land for shooting and fishing!!

The land in question isnt very big, only 1000sqft, but he placed a small fishermans cabin on there and some storage and had plenty more space for other things…. the plot is about 50 meters from the passing stream.

I am currently in the process of updating the land registry details to transfer ownership of the plot to myself.

I curtrently live in Cambridgeshire, UK and due to minor disability have no way to get to the plot in scotland in order to make use of the plot myself, this will likely be the case for several years to come.

I hazve therefore decided that i would like the plot to be used by somebody who would appreciate it and look after it, wether it be for Shooting or fishing like my Grandfather or off-grid living on a small scale…. or maybee even for camping holidays, i am genuinely offering a free rental of the plot in periods of one year at a time, in return for the plot being used and looked after during the free lease.

If you know anybody who would be interested in using my plot for whatever reason, being that it is a legitamte one, please do contact me.

My email address is: waynewickenden@googlemail.com

Many Thankis.

Regards.

Wayne Wickenden

Shannon Conley
    Participant

Dear Wayne,

I came across your post and after reading it… couldn’t believe you hadn’t had any responses. Maybe you could use it as a reteat for people to stay at while they get used to the change, before going completely off grid. I think your gesture is really kind.

Warm Regards,

Shannon Conley

Sera

Hi Wayne,

That is a truely lovely offer you have posted! I was wondering if you could send more info to my email (sixxy@live.com)

I am a first time off gridder and your offer sounds like it could be perfect for me, where in scotland is it located, is the cabin habitable etc.

Many thanks

Sera xx

Thanks to those that contacted me about the plot of land available in Scotland – there certainly were a lot of enquiries, i have now rented the land until further notice.

Although…. i can announce that a plot on the same estate became available on the land owners forum, and i have since purchased it!!!

The plot in question is located in Appin, Durror…. and has good public tarnsport links and lovely unspoilt countryside and views towards Loch Rhiddon, its just heaven!!!

I am now looking for somebody to join me, living off grid on the plot of land…. the plot is just over 1000sqft – about 120sqm.

My idea is to make have two yurts on the plot.

I have looked into solar electricity and am currently awaiting a postal address for the plot from the local council.

If you would like to join me, or want more infomation please feel free to email me: waynewickenden@googlemail.com

Thanks

Wayne

It’s a really interesting discussion.I also want some land but in England.Any body have some land.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Creative Commons license, which allows you to utilise all the information on this site for non-commercial purposes, providing you credit the information with the word 'off-grid.net', which should be written as one word and accompanied by a link to our web site.
View our creative commons license. View our Privacy Policy.

Vivum Intelligent Media Ltd. 2009
17 Scawfell Street
London E2 8NG

email nick (at) off-grid.net,
call US office:
toll-free 1-877-706-7423
OR
UK +44 207 729 2749