Off Grid start up community
by CRAIGD73 on DECEMBER 27, 2013 - 15 Comments in I AM OFF GRID AND I WANT OTHERS TO JOIN ME

Our place is in a remote secluded and beautiful valley in Aragon, Spain. Near to the Catalonian border. There is nature all around. So far we have seen Deer, wild Boar many tracks. Lots of huge golden eagles overhead also great trials for walking and hiking.

We have just recently finished (mostly) renovating the old stone Casa into a fully functioning little house. A place which we also use during the day as a communal place for eating, washing and socializing.
It is completely off grid, we have our own water/power/internet and sewage solutions.
We are looking for some long term members to create a small community which is as self-sufficient as possible. Anyone who wishes to join us in this way should be able to support themselves whilst we get the community resources together and become more developed and are able to share our produce with each other. In exchange we will provide you with an area of land where you will be able to build your own eco-friendly living space.

1 Darlene { 12.27.13 at 12:58 pm }

I am a 46 year old single female and with a 17 year old daughter. We have been dreaming of living off the grid in another country for the past few years. We love animals, are avid gardeners we are VERY hard workers. I recently graduated from University of Washington and have been working with non profits for almost 20 years (legal aid). My daughter had been attending a prestigious private school (on scholarship) and recently decided to leave the school to be home schooled for her last year. We have grown weary of the materialistic world and constant barrage of consumerism and the like. We love our pets and want to raise farm animals. I do have some money saved. Could you tell me more about your community?

2 Lauren { 12.28.13 at 1:56 pm }

Hi Craig!

I’m a 23yr old artist/art teacher/administrator for a community center currently living in the Canadian Maritimes. I am SO interested in joining you!! I’ve been working on my own landshare project set for Ecuador this time next year, but having trouble finding solid partners to buy land with. I’m a very open and positive girl with an old soul! I have great contacts being friends who have built earthships and an electrician willing to do free solar setup. I myself am a hard worker, smart thinker, artist and designer(I feel creativity and beauty bring a lot to the table as far as enjoyable community life) and have experience teaching/caring for children, if there is/are plans for a school or center. I also have a deep knowledge of food and nutrition and practice fermenting and other means of food preservation and am a fantastic cook. I love animals. I knit, and am handy with building. I’m proactive and great at promoting and fundraising. I have had issues with my health lately, and know that finding a happy and healthy sustainable community would give me the opportunity to heal from chemical sensitivities and autoimmune issues from modern north american life. I have a lot to offer and want to help others create and sustain a healthy way of life, and get the opportunity to heal myself. Cheers !!!

3 Brittney Yates { 01.02.14 at 1:10 am }

First off Laren I think you are amazing! I have wanted this life style for around 3 years now. I think we are trying to be controlled way to much. Also I think it is very important for our children to grow-up being self-efficient :) I am a recently single mom of 4. I want to LEARN so many things and I want the same for my children. I am Hard working. Love being positive and out going. Smiles is what I would strive to give someone :) I have been into Organic food for about 2 years now. I slow and getting away from anything pre made…from scratch even ketchup or dressings… I am learning. I am into fitness love staying motivated. I am also reading on natural remedies, cleaning products and day day supplies like soap.

4 Oliver { 01.03.14 at 2:26 pm }

Hi im 18 year old male I am also thinking about living off the grid I have been reading/learning survival skills and about growing your own food email me Sewell_94@Hotmail.co.uk

5 Jason { 01.05.14 at 4:29 pm }

Greetings!

My name is Jason :) I am a 23 year old free spirit hailing from Southern Ontario. I can speak advanced English, fairly fluently in Hungarian, and I have a basic grasp of French, Spanish and other Latin languages. I am Hungarian by descent but I truly believe that all living things are connected by the very environment that surrounds us. Having grown up immersed in the lush wildlife of Canada, I have cultivated a deep love and respect for nature. It has ever been my dream to put the city-life behind me and live a life of peace and sustainable symbiosis within our environment.

My employment for the past five years has been at a large community hospital, serving as an Emergency Unit Clerk. While my skill-set doesn’t include advanced medical training, I do possess basic life support training and a broad ability to manage a high volume of tasks in a demanding and stressful environment. I have basic knowledge of medical diagnoses and treatments. My communication skills are of particular use, as I have a deep affinity for artistic and creative expression – I love connecting with people of all diversities through language, art, music and nature :) my job has helped me to hone this through communication with a very large number of people.

Being raised by European parents had more advantages than simply bilingualism. They also instilled within me a strong work ethic. My father was raised on a farm and from a very young age fell in love with the earth. Beginning with my own childhood he worked passionately to instill this same love in me. We always had a vegetable garden and he taught me how to grow potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, corn, how to tend seasonal fruits and remove pests. He taught me to cherish the land and that, if tended with care, it would provide all we needed and more. My father was also a handyman, having built almost every house he’s ever lived in. I have helped my father with such projects such as painting, wallpapering, basic construction of walls, steps, dry walling, bricklaying, rustic shelter building. While my experience in these physical aspects is relatively minor, I believe my resourcefulness and deep learned knowledge of survival would be of great asset to your community. I am a very quick learner, and an even harder worker.

Lastly, I am a peace loving person. My desire to join an off-grid community has nothing to do with escaping society, and everything to do with building a positive future for myself and those around me. I believe that hate and greed are the cause of so much of this world’s hurt. My aim is to live completely devoid of these vices. I aspire to live a life of love, peace and simplicity.

In Sincerest Regards,
Jason

P.S. Lauren, I was really inspired by your message. Never give up and never stop smiling! The good life is out there waiting for you :)

6 Jason { 01.05.14 at 4:42 pm }

Please email me more information at jason.a.molnar@gmail.com

7 Greg Canicio { 01.07.14 at 11:06 am }

Hello, we’re looking for land now to start a similar type of community somewhere in the world. The idea was to be close to new york city but it seems like the laws there hinder any “off grid” living. Spain has always been on my mind.
I grew up in the french catalunia right near perpignan. Spain has always been in my life, Barcelona is like a second home to me and the cold winters in new york make me want to move somewhere warmer.

What we’re looking to do is create a self sustainable community where spaces would be available for people to make their own living space and having space for making and teaching art, alternative sustainable cheap ways to live.
I will email you my details and you can also find us here:

Greg

8 Greg Canicio { 01.07.14 at 11:09 am }

By the way we will be in spain around april 2014 looking for land or a community like yours!

9 Brandon T. Luster { 01.20.14 at 12:38 pm }

Hello, my name is Brandon. I have been wanting to go off the grid for as long as I can remember. I currently live in Ohio in the United States. Recently I have been really looking to go off grid, so much as I think one day I will just leave to find a place. In the states its hard there isn’t much off grid thanks to the government and I am unable to purchase a suitable amount of land that is off grid. I would love more then anything to just be able to pack what little I would bring and start my off the gird life. Any info, suggestions, facts, hits or anyone with a way and place to be off grid, lets get in contact. The earth needs people to start giving back and since it’s taking so long to do that with technology, I figure we should go back to the way it should be just natural living.

10 vinesh1human { 02.23.14 at 2:09 am }

say yes and i’ll start packing, no im not even gonna pack i’ll just start the travel

11 Jacqueline Anderson { 03.27.14 at 9:07 am }

Hi
I have seen that there is a lot of cheap land around that area. Would you be interested in people buying their own land near you and then becoming part of a supportive community with yourselves?

12 Jacqueline Anderson { 03.27.14 at 9:09 am }

BTW from UK, so no probs moving to Spain.

13 steve { 04.11.14 at 6:30 pm }

looking to leave my online marketing work and pharmacy and live more in touch with people and nature and start a new life in Spain hard worker friendly caring spiritual person please get in contact thanks

14 lancshotpot { 04.15.14 at 6:08 pm }

Hi my name is Daniel from England, and I am very interested in living off grid. I have been looking at as many properties as possible in the aragon region, around the maella and caspe as well! I have a lot of construction, electrical and crafty type knowledge. Very much into aquaculture, hydrophonics, permaculture etc… I am a bit of a techy but I am looking to make a move to northern spain to live a more sustainable and one with nature. I am willing to landshare or possibly buy my own parcel of land to construct my own home, possibly an earthship type design. Please get in touch, wilson.danny@gmail.com

15 nevets { 04.18.14 at 12:24 pm }