Going Off-Grid in Canada
by CITYSLAVE1 on OCTOBER 10, 2013 - 12 Comments in I WANT TO GO OFF GRID

I, along with a few others, will soon be starting an off-grid community that utilizes solar energy, organic crop farming, and other self sufficient practices to sustain the community as a whole. Cooperation will be one of the many positive attributes, as well as part of a moral code, on which the community will be based and founded upon. To find out more please send your inquiries to tbcivilian@yahoo.ca

Please note that this off-grid community will be established in Canada, Ontario. To those living outside of Canada: Please check with immigration Canada to see what you will need if you choose to cross the border into Canada and what you will need to do and/or have in order to reside within Canada for a long duration or to seek permanent residence.

1 CrashTO { 12.03.13 at 3:13 pm }

i am currently south east of that location :D
parry sound, ontario
i am looking to get off grid (and get off assistance) and live better
feel free to message me (alaskaofto@gmail.com)

2 Nulla { 01.14.14 at 10:16 pm }

I too am looking to get off grid. To live as an alive person connected to nature.

3 TasKat { 03.13.14 at 12:51 pm }

Im 23..lost and fed up with the way the world is..tired of the dayly grind that only serves to put more money in the pockets of the ritch. I want to do something that has MEANING before im to old and to tired to even try,I look around and see how our socity is failing, there is no communitys in this city,no copainenship no working for a grater good..i want to do something that has meening and be part of something with other like minded people, please feel free to email me at (drakusTH@gmail.com) i want to be part of something more.

4 Frederick Thunder Wolf { 04.01.14 at 12:29 pm }

Like the two above, I am looking to live off grid in a caring, moral community.

5 vicki { 04.04.14 at 10:20 am }

Like the others, we all have our reasons for wanting to live off the grid. I would like more information on this. I keep bugging my husband to sell our home we built 9 years ago and rebuild but off the grid!

6 not a "person" just a Man { 04.17.14 at 12:19 am }

Ready and willing to leave the slave system and get back to a simple life.

Chris

7 Tired of fighting { 04.27.14 at 4:29 pm }

Is this community still on the go? I’m a civil servant, in Canada, and tired of the tyranny; I cannot tolerate any more injustice.. Need to leave before I forget why I’m here. Please email!

8 Groove { 05.09.14 at 4:45 pm }

Would love to live off the grid. Like farming, gardening, working with my hands. I was wondering though does off the grid also mean inaccessible to others or just a self-sustained community?

9 Bman { 05.20.14 at 7:17 pm }

I do too. This system is not for me. It’s great to know that I am not alone.

10 jon { 05.25.14 at 2:57 pm }

-update- “cityslave1″ The people that I was planning with to start an off-grid community with have withdrawn from the project and that would include their share of the funds to buy the land. The main reason being is that they found a community that better fits their needs. So, not sure what I’m going to do now. However, if anyone is still interested in starting an off-grid community you can contact me at b00ji_1@hotmail.com

11 Howdy { 06.20.14 at 4:13 pm }

My wife and I are in our mid twenties (We’ve been together for 6 years). We love nature and animals – knowing how to live off the land.

We feel so constricted and suffocated in the city. When we look to the sunset we want to see the scenery, not commercial buildings. When we look to the stars, we want to actually see stars.

The negativity and harassment spewed from people in our workplaces is not tolerable for us.

12 Thomas { 07.13.14 at 10:16 am }

I am looking to get off the grid. I am a tradesman with equipment and tools. I am capable of milling from logs and building just about anything. I have farming knowledge. Looking for a spot with like minded people. please contact me at: thomassmithforlife@gmail.com