Free Land in exchange for…
by JOSEPH80 on JUNE 16, 2013 - 39 Comments in I AM OFF GRID AND I WANT OTHERS TO JOIN ME

No joke, no scam, just us helping each other..

I have many acres of land throughout TX, TN, CO, & AK. I am looking to give away a couple of acres on each to person(s) who have resources to offer. Whether you have work ability, monetary resources, sheds, solar equipment, well drilling experience, or ANYTHING that can help your community on the land – lets do it. All of my land is RAW and has no utilities – there are utilities available but I will not be hooking them up. The choice is yours.

Lets discuss what we can do and I will in exchange have a contract drawn up that donates your acres of land to you in exchange for whatever we agree.

Joseph

1 Cornfed { 06.16.13 at 5:39 pm }

Hey Joseph, We’re interested in talking to you about your plans. We’re a completely self sufficient,middle age, full time RV couple looking to get involve with some sort of off grid project. Our email : tg2lynch@yahoo.com
All the best, Tom & Marilyn

2 Jamie { 06.16.13 at 7:30 pm }

Hi Joseph,

What a generous proposal! My partner and I are looking for land in Texas. We’d love to discuss further.

Thanks!

Jamie

3 surreal { 06.17.13 at 2:56 am }

Hi. While during research, I came across this post. How wonderful of you to offer such an amazing idea! My small family of 4 is seeking a small lot (under 1 acre) to live. Among other skills, I have administrative skills to offer (Business degree). Please email surreal.love@yahoo.com with a response.

Love and Prosperity to you and yours.

Surreal.

4 surreal { 06.17.13 at 3:02 am }

Forgot gardening and research. Also, have built a California King bed frame and nightstand from scratch.

5 Olivier { 06.18.13 at 2:44 am }

Hi Joseph. I am not sure to understand you but I feel like your are a respectful and kind person. I live in the Yukon right next to Alaska. I emigrated from France 5 years ago because I couldn’t take on the overcrowded immoral population of western Europe. I found peace in the land of Jack London. It is not the best conditions for growing food or solar energy but the vast land has plenty enough to offer. I am not looking for anything particular as I can take care of myself and my family but like you would be willing to help. I soon will be a journeyman Electrician but living in the north teaches you many trades as you are pretty much on your own most of the time. Where about is your land in Alaska and what are you plan for it. Take care

6 Brian { 06.18.13 at 7:37 pm }

Very interested ….please email.

7 Brian { 06.18.13 at 7:39 pm }
8 teaisallyouneed { 06.20.13 at 5:29 pm }

Would like to get the chance to chat with you on your wonderful offer, nat_thamert@yahoo.com . Am young and hardworking

9 Guncha { 06.25.13 at 7:23 am }

Hi Joseph
Is the offer valid only for US sitizens?
I am not US sitizen, but interested in your idea. I am middle age project management professional. Can do canning, sewing, furnuture designing, started practicing permaculture. I can do home schooling too, my first background is Math and Comp Science teacher.Please email me guncha2888@gmail.com

10 Journey & Stone { 06.25.13 at 4:17 pm }

Hello, I’d love to get more information about your offer. Myself and my family are already mobile, living in an rv. Looking forward to hearing from you, peacecanoe@yahoo.com :)

11 Johnsmall { 06.29.13 at 4:55 pm }

I love good lieds in my life

12 Joseph Gary { 06.30.13 at 8:51 pm }

Johnsmall – you could be our English teacher! Great grammar!

13 Elizabeth { 07.07.13 at 6:55 pm }

hello,
RV Family of three; Two hardworking adults in great health willing to do the work necessary for an off-grid community in TN. Husband has worked on cars and light construction, raised fruit trees, I’ve done vegetable gardening,and raised rabbits. I currently serve as a police officer, both of us are outdoor loving individuals looking for land and or a community to start off-griding and away from capitalism.

14 Cornfed { 07.11.13 at 9:25 am }

Its funny how ya never hear back from most of these people.

15 Wayne Firestone { 07.11.13 at 8:07 pm }

Joseph,
I just found your offer, very generous. I would like to know more about your end goals in regards to this offer. Me and and my wife have extensive skills. I have been a Contractor for 35 years, 4th generation in the building industry. I have extensive experience in all phases of construction, farming livestock & food. I can build anything. I can fix most anything. I have NOT met a challenge I could overcome. Please contact me about Tenn.
Wayne & Svetlana

16 Cornfed { 07.18.13 at 11:26 pm }

30 days later and yet to hear back from this poster…

17 John { 07.28.13 at 12:03 pm }

Interesting post. If you are sincerely offering this attractive proposal, we are interested in discussing it with you. We have engineering, IT and construction experience. As someone said above, I can build anything including a house. Primary location we are interested in is in TN.

18 John { 07.28.13 at 12:04 pm }

Oops, for my email address.

jhnmdfnd12@gmail.com

John

19 Joshua { 09.03.13 at 8:32 pm }

I am able to labor, build, farm, and teach. I have a multitude of skills, knowledge, and experience necessary to maintain this lifestyle indefinitely. I’m a 26 y/o male, Ex Army. Am fully capable to live on my own, support and train myself, my dog(aussie half breed), and others (continuously of course). However, Community has a very big place in my heart and i need all that it brings in my life. I wont bring much(only what i can pack-in), i’ve always had to pack small anyhow. Shoot me an e-mail and we can find out if i would be suitable to your liking.

20 John { 09.06.13 at 7:44 pm }

I have a few ideas in the colorado region if your offer still stands. Please contact me for more information. I would like to create a sort of utopia. Self sufficient living from a community of people. I would love to grab your ear or at least your monitor and discuss this further.

xeones42@gmail.com
John

21 Levi { 09.13.13 at 5:06 am }

Hey my name is Levi, I’m extremely interested in your proposal. I’ve grown up in and out of foster home since I was 18 months old moving from house to house, school to school, city to city. I barley graduated high school, so I have my diploma. I’ve always been to myself, sorta like an out cast wherever I have been, being a ‘loner’. I’m now 20 years young(21 on oct 29th) and I’ve been homeless since I was 18 with no luck finding a job. So again, if your offer still stands, I am more than willing to hike from here(Seattle) to where you need me especially if you are offering land in return of my assistance/help/able body. Let me know, best way to get ahold of me, because I have to got to a library, is my email lvertner@hotmail.com

22 RaspberryTea { 09.18.13 at 6:47 pm }

Can travel just about anywhere. Hardworking. Can help any community that responds to this ad.

RaspberryTea27@gmail.com

23 jim { 09.20.13 at 7:06 pm }

farmer,security ,concrete ,,and hunting,firewood ect.

24 Steve { 09.24.13 at 12:21 pm }

Hi Joseph
Am interested. Still in operation?
S

25 Steve { 09.24.13 at 12:23 pm }

Multi tasker; Gardening, wood working, cooking.

26 Darrel { 10.05.13 at 4:43 pm }

Are you still offering this amazingly generous offer?? I would very much like to speak with you about it if so!! Email me anytime at Elikatta@gmail.com!!

27 Amanda { 10.19.13 at 4:14 pm }

Hi Joseph!
I’m a female in my mid twenties, drowning in New York City. I hold a degree in sculpture and have had vast experience in building- I helped construct cabins at a summer camp in the Adirondacks and recently built a small sailboat. I am familiar with farming and the basics of homesteading. In April, I am attending a course in cob building and have designs for a low-impact home that I hope to one day build for myself! I am interested in learning more about the community you aim to create… Contact me anytime to tell me more!! I look forward to hearing from you.
Amanda

28 Amanda { 10.19.13 at 4:18 pm }
29 Jaclyn Soileau { 10.22.13 at 1:00 am }

Joseph80: I am currently trying to find some land to live off grid. I am a born and raised self sufficient southern woman. I have tilled soil from rock and root, and I have 6 years experience in rough terrain survival from my time in the US Navy. I can make a potable water system, a seeping well for waste water, I can farm crops, and build sustainable solid homes from recycled materials. Please contact me, as I would love to talk to you about building a sustainable homestead site here in TN.

30 Joe { 11.06.13 at 12:45 pm }

Hello, Jospeh
WOW!! I would love to have a piece of land in CO or TX so that my small family and I can be off the grid. I am a architectural project manager, I am a “mcguiver” handy-man, laborer, I love to garden, work with my hands, etc. We would love to work together with you and all the communities you are “fathering”. Thank you and God bless you.

31 Jay { 11.10.13 at 8:23 pm }

Hello Joseph, My wife and daughter and I may be interested in what you are proposing here if you are still considering accepting new members. We are more interested in securing a remote location where we can live off the land in preparation for any natural or man made disaster/takeover. I can be reached at freeman4thefree@gmail.com Thank You

32 robbie { 11.28.13 at 9:07 pm }

Do you have any opportunities in Tennessee at this time?

33 robbie { 11.28.13 at 9:07 pm }
34 robbie { 11.28.13 at 9:08 pm }

Do you have opportunities available in Tennessee?
professorandrobbie@hotmail.com

35 Kelly Ann Hammond { 12.27.13 at 5:33 pm }

My husband ,13yr old daughter and myself are very interested.. he is a journeyman carpenter for 20 years. We want to live off the grid and live off the land. Our dream is Alaska..

36 Island boy { 01.08.14 at 4:05 pm }

Contact me immediately. This sounds great!!! 33yr old Former Chef and Marine ready to go somewhere!!

37 Logan Flores { 02.17.14 at 3:17 pm }

Hello, our names are Logan and Rachel. We have been in search for a community with this intention for over a year now. We have spent a lot of time on developing contacts but have had no avail. We are gardeners inspired by Masanobu Fukuoka and seek to develop an example of a path back to nature. We have studied the wilderness, kung fu, no-till farming, bio-dynamics, earthen shelters, and other methods of sustainability. You can contact us at logan.flores1@aim.com

38 Zackery { 02.18.14 at 5:38 am }

hello joseph,
Is the offer still available? Im have experiance in land survey, ranching, farming, construction, landscape, cooking, caring for elderly (certified), Some mechanical work. Im a very useful laborer, i live on the washington coast, ive just gone through divorce, am searching for off the grid lifestyle to find my inner person. please write me back if I am of interest. Zackery

39 Jordan { 03.19.14 at 3:02 pm }

Names Jordan, I know my purpose in life and it isnt living in a busy city working for a big shot all my life and having nothing to show for it. Im a professional carpenter with tons of tools. I have and can build and repair any house. Framing to finish, as well as roofing,siding,decks,kitchens,baths etc. Im a survivalist and want nothing more than a honesteading camp to call my own. Am familiar with tending tl chicken,pigs, rode horses before, very good gardener.My dog winston is well trained and eager to be in the wild again . If this is real, im very well rounded and can be a definite asset. Thanks.