WANTED: Moving off the Grid Buddy
by UA259253 on MAY 7, 2013 - 12 Comments in I WANT TO GO OFF GRID

My name is James. Soon I will be getting ready to move off the grid into my 6 acre plot of land and I want to meet people who will join me in this endeavor (male or female)
About me; I am an easygoing 39yo single guy who currently lives(rents)in Miami FL in a house with a room-mate and 2 dogs. I live a simple life,love animals, gardening, and outdoor activities. I have always wanted to live in the country to further simplify my life, to have tranquility and live sustainably by growing my own food and raising farm animals. Having grown tired of the current way of life and the rat race we live in, I decided to make it my goal to fulfill my dream of living sustainably/off the grid/possum living (whatever one should call it)and finally make the change.
About the property; The land is paid in full, I chose this area because it’s in the outskirts of a small town called Erin TN. It has 350 ft of county paved road with utilities available. There is a 30ftX30ft building with basement on site which needs some work but can be converted into a house. The weather there is mild with plenty of natural resources such as fertile soil, lots of trees/lumber, rain for harvesting water, plenty of game/wildlife, wild berries. The terrain is beautiful with rolling hills and elevation of 480 ft. The property is 30 minutes driving distance to the Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Park which has great fishing, camping, boating, horseback riding, canoeing, etc.
About the people I’m looking to meet; I want to meet people who share my views and ideas and are willing to make this change along with me. We do not have to move to the property at the same time and I am flexible on the moving dates. I am realistic and understand that doing this on my own would be much slower and more difficult. I don’t care what you look like, your ethnic background, sex, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, or any of that stuff. The only thing i do care about is that you are a caring, honest, hard working individual who is easygoing and respectful of others.
If you are interested in going on this journey with me and are serious about it please email me at jameslegra@live.com
Have a great day!
James.

1 Penguine { 05.10.13 at 1:56 pm }

Sounds like you are getting ready to do what I plan on doing. It would be perfect if I were not locked in to SD right now. I have 2 kids that need to graduate first then it is off to better places (I hope)! I had been looking for property in MI (where I grew up) and in SD (way to much $$) and when I suggested to my dad that he and I go in together he suggestd TN. I wish you luck in your journey, unfortuneatly, as much as I would love to head to TN right now and help you out I can’t. Good luck though!

2 aiyeldae { 05.10.13 at 4:21 pm }

I’m brand new to this website, so I’m a little unfamiliar with how things are done around here (such as if I can send a PM to you). Your place sounds really cool, and I’d be interested in talking more about it. Can you email me? visatoare.de.nori@gmail.com

3 James { 05.10.13 at 7:12 pm }

Thanks, I am currently talking to some people who responded to this ad, I was surprised to see how many people replied. This is a great place to meet people who share similar ideas and help one another out.

4 joannagw { 05.13.13 at 8:19 pm }

James – what kind of investment are you asking for from people?

5 James { 05.14.13 at 10:42 am }

I’m not really asking for any kind of financial investment. All I ask is that you are respectful of others. As far as building your own home or shelter, you will need to do this with your own means. You are welcome to use the resources from the land such as the timber.

6 Bill Kratzer { 05.17.13 at 4:35 am }

from Texas, I have a vw van, diesel pickup, generator, skills to make wind and water pwr generation, have two horses, large dog, mig welder, small torch set, carpentry, mechanical, electrical repair skills,wanting to make a saw mill. 58 years old,but longevity runs in my family, unlicensed pilot, already been struck by lightning.so I’m a good risk

7 James { 05.18.13 at 10:15 am }

Bill, email me at jameslegra.live

8 rollins { 05.21.13 at 9:41 pm }

Hey James, I am really interested in joining an OTG community, I am a 42 yo guy, pretty handy in construction, some auto mechanics, I’ve lived in the tropics and know gardening. I would like to know the details of your plan, thanks.

9 Will Bailey { 05.22.13 at 10:46 am }

Hey James! I am also tired of the constant rat race. I am very interested in going off the grid and I don’t have many possessions so the move wold be easy.

10 Jorge Sanders { 07.02.13 at 4:37 pm }

James I need a definite change in my life . I am 40 and would like to discuss this idea further with you privately.

11 Brandon foe { 08.29.13 at 2:45 pm }

Im ready when ever, im 28 single male. Ready to work n make it happen. Would love more details

12 anthony { 10.14.13 at 11:23 pm }

im ready have been and am looking for people that are for real lets talk