looking for like minded people to start eco-village in forest/woodland
by HALOGEN on MARCH 25, 2013 - 41 Comments in I WANT TO GO OFF GRID

looking to go off grid and get out the rat race, I want out the corporate system and I want out of slavery, I want like minded people who would like to buy into the purchase of a large woodland/forest, produce are own food and power, keep our selves entertained, enjoy cooking, growing, building, walking, nature ect.
A real community that stands as one, especially when the Agents of authority start to interfere, hopefully we will be well hidden and well out of reach of these horrid people, we will live in tree houses, yurts, ti-pees, hobbit homes ect free from governance and free from rules, we will produce our own power, make stuff, educate our selves, read books, play board games, sit round fires with live music, enjoy the fruits of nature and be at one with the earth, I am sick to death of all mod cons and I am sick to death of the corporate arse holes getting richer off the backs of the working class-I do not want to live no more in a slavery system, looking for people with skills that will be useful and looking for people who can put funds in to the purchasing of the land that will be held in trust, please email me, I am 35 year old male in England, and I am prepared to move to where ever, life without money to me is heaven!.

1 Thomas { 03.25.13 at 10:43 am }

Hey Halo would you be willing to move to the US?

2 Mario ibarra { 03.25.13 at 6:31 pm }

Contact me, we are doing this exactly.

3 Cornfed { 03.25.13 at 7:01 pm }

Hey guys, I’ve been looking into this sort of idea for a while now and have come by some good leads to get started. There is a new group starting called Common Ground, they have a web site you might want to check out. It looks like a good way to get started without having to purchase land, as they own two large lots in two different locations. http://commongroundcollective.webs.com/

4 New Village { 03.27.13 at 3:05 am }

I want to do this too. We can make groups who can spend $1,000 and groups who can spend $5,000 per person to spend on supplies to get started.

5 Melissa { 03.27.13 at 12:25 pm }

I can relate to everything you said above, could you please email me so we could share info on our plan to go off grid? Where in England are you based? I have funds, have done a lot of research and am in ‘preppin mode’ right now, i.e. I’m living as simply as possible in order to gradually remove myself ever more from the system of slavery. This is not just the corporate world, it’s what you eat, how you take care for your health, what you abstain from. It’s been difficult, particularly as I’ve cut off my family and some friends but they do not understand and in fact now view me as a weirdo who’s undergoing a crisis. I do however understand their mentality as it was once my own. On the plus, the strength from sticking to convictions that go against a life no longer embraced has been a great prep for the life I look forward to embracing with others who feel the same way. Hopefully hear from you soon!
Melissa
runnerbeanrunner@yahoo.co.uk

6 Joe blackledge { 03.28.13 at 5:00 pm }

I get this completely have been looking at doing something like this for a while. I have long felt the need to free myself of the stresses of modern society that we have been indoctrinated into believing in. What really matters is feeling fulfilled and enjoying life to the full, not working 50 hours a week to pay tax to a government I hate and and feed evil corporations with what money I have left. The human race is being commercially farmed and i want to go free range. I live in the northwest of England have experience in cooking, growing vegetables, keeping animals and am pretty useful at whatever I put my hand to. I could get a few grand together pretty quick if this was going somewhere. Please get back to me if you have any ideas or plans . Cheers.

7 Joe blackledge { 03.28.13 at 5:11 pm }

There a plenty of quarter acre/half acre with is over a kilometre squared plots of land near locks the sea or rivers for around 40 thousand if 20 or more could get a few thousand each together we could do it. Keep chickens grow vegetables fish in the sea or river I’d live in a tent for all I care anything to be free from the rat race.

8 Jo- { 03.29.13 at 10:40 pm }

Hey Kids- I’m In!!! And I’ll go anywhere. I’ve been trying to make this leap for the last 11 months and have been looking into some intentional communities in California….but I’m ready to see someplace new.

9 Kim Barnes { 03.30.13 at 12:59 am }

Kim Barnes { 03.30.13 at 12:40 am }

I am living off the grid through the summer months on a private Island in Ontario. with solar wind turbines and have done it all my self and have found out so much trying to always improve what im doing using a propane fridge 1970s still working I had a friend of mine tell me that his friend is using a electric lg fridge he said if you run the generator until the fridge makes ice that at that point it draws very little power then run it off a inverter and he swears he has no problems with it any one have any experience with this ?also from what im seeing is the solar controllers have a long way to go to me this is the biggest problem .your controller has a high set point depending on what type of battery your using most over charging a cures after 13.8 and when the suns at peak instead of filling your battery’s it trips the breaker and then wants to dump this isnt right so i have a idea instead of sending it into dump it would turn on a 30 watt light bulb at that point allows it to stop dumping and continues charging.The controller gives you a false reading and how you know this is during full sun the controller says its full but once the sun goes down you will see a realistic reading so any of you thats has more experience that me I would love to pick your branes I have built a wind turbine with a gm altenator but you have to replace the stator and rotor with a liberty style and added a 11 blades .if your trying to get enough power to get it to 12volts it has to spin at 3800rpms and that would take a fast blade and 40 mile winds to hit that with inproved rotor using rare eart magnets and the stator be wound with twice as much windings it will put out around 30 amps at 30 mile hour winds but to see winds at 30 mile a hour doest happen very often .solars is best but on windy nights it will help you well there is my input any one that has been doing this for a while again I would love to hear from you but so far 5 years using my system I have all the power I need from april through 1st week of October 500 watts of solar panels 10 agm battery’s 125 amps each run in series a 3000 watt syn wave inverter all run to the breaker box 2 master breakers one for the solar and one for the generator .there is a awesome inverter out there called the outback that works with out switching and also automaticly recharges your battery’s if the battery’s get low by starting the generator about 1800 hope this helps some of you also I hope some one that’s has more experience than me to pick your brain kim

10 ythan harcourt { 04.21.13 at 5:41 pm }

you have described my dream im interested in this very interested, please be in touch i would love to do this with you

11 Big Ben { 05.15.13 at 12:07 pm }

Everything you described has been on my mind for a long time now. I’m just so happy to have found others who clearly hold this close to their hearts as well. I’d love to hear more and get involved, I can do a lot of the things required to set up an off grid home.

12 matt { 05.25.13 at 4:00 pm }

Im in my late teens and im wondering if this little project to live in the lake district has been taken any further because im sick of my current lifestyle its the same thing day in day out, i want to be with nature! Its all ive been thinking about for three years! Id love to live in a small tribe like village in the woods!

13 leon { 06.18.13 at 11:38 am }

Hey Halogen I am Maltese (eu) ,I am in !
do not leave me down here .
thanks

lovenature333@gmail.com

14 kelandu { 07.23.13 at 4:09 pm }

I am in too. I could sell my council house and out towards this. I am studying herbalism and i am trying to grow my own food. I am sick of the rat race and the fighting to keep my house, it does not work for me any more. let me know if you are still up for this, because I am )

15 VeganKitchen { 08.28.13 at 11:10 am }

As far back as I can remember always wanted to live off the grid, subconsciously I have been moving to a more minimal life style.

Would love to be part of a community were I could exchange skills/work for food shelter, and although I thinks its a cliche now (leave the rat race behind).

Although im located in the North East of England would not mind relocating anywhere there is a realistic possibility of this.

16 Jon { 09.24.13 at 12:44 pm }

Like all of you have already said, it would be great to go off-grid and live a more fulfilling, natural life in the company (and a community) of other like minded people. This is something I’ve been thinking about for a long while. I’m a practical guy and can turn my hand to most things. I would love to hear more on this opportunity.

17 Beverley { 11.08.13 at 10:23 am }

Hi

I am a single parent in Derbyshire who would like to build my own low impact forever home and live a sustainable lifestyle. Looking to join groups who want the same thing

18 Max { 12.10.13 at 7:51 pm }

Hi All,

I’m working on a project of sustainable eco-village in Ireland. The land plots will be bought using crowdfunding method. If you’re interested contact me via ‘u k e r e s t @ g m a i l . c o m’ for more info.

19 ela { 12.19.13 at 10:58 am }

Hi! I’m a mother of 2 and i’ve embraced eco living. i am very good in organic grow your own sowing and raw “cooking”. i can’t stand the idea of being a slave,nor my kids and feel ready to go off grid. please contact me via marsse83@hotmail.com.

20 Joe { 02.06.14 at 4:16 pm }

Hi I’m Joe, 21(22 in March) living in London. Ive been looking for something like this for ages and would be up for joining or helping start an Eco village. I’m tired of the city live, rude people and pointless bills. I want to live off the land. If anyone wants to give me advice on what to do now or a place to join and do this please email me at Joseph.Falica@live.com.
Please anyone feel free to email me about this.

21 vinesh { 02.10.14 at 10:40 pm }

first of all have you guys found some community, if not then why the hell are you taking months to comment. it is so rare to find like minded people, if you can stay on facebook or twitter all day why not here. sorry for being rude, that was not anger but desperation. i’ve been longing for people who have their eyes open and when i find them its either they are already living off grid so i am not able to contact them or they just disappear. if at all u find a group and start living in the wild don go completely off grid because there are people all over the world with your similar thoughts dying to meet people like you and to die and be born as a new person. if anyone is still out there contact me at vinesh.praveen@gmail.com.

22 Elizabeth Hernandez { 02.12.14 at 9:15 pm }

You guys all read my mind! I’m 22 years old and my boyfriend and I have been dying to live off the grid! Maybe we could all arrange a chat session and throw around ideas? Please email me!!! Elliehernandez2009@gmail.com

23 Phil { 02.13.14 at 1:12 pm }

someone want to tell me why we are not making this jump while we still can?
I posted to this site over a week ago, no response.
yes, Elizabeth is right we need to Skype with one another. building off grid is what most of you want to do in a remote location so we grow all we need raise livestock, capture energy, collect our water you know the rest, we also need to be able to defend our homes and land. when the collapse of the nation takes place those can’t will kill for what they need. so we need to be prepared for this as well.
our homes need to blend in at not be visible from above. I could go over many items that as a group we need to plan for.
We can hold boot camps or training camps
we train folks on things from a simple fire and primitive shelter to solar energy and a self sufficient homes. people are signing for survival training camps at the highest rate ever. we can offset our cost.
if you want to set your self free and defend it and protect you family from those that will try take it,
then email me. if you just want to dream about something for years don’t email me.
oldschool.eefc@gmail.com
or oldschool101@hushmail.com

24 Gianni { 02.19.14 at 5:47 pm }

Hello everyone I am writing from Italy in the south, live in a beautiful hill country between the sea and the mountains, I would like to achieve an eco-village, there is’ someone who would like to share this project let me know ….

25 Chris Breeze { 03.02.14 at 10:11 am }

Hi I’m Chris I’m from Manchester but have bin living in Oslo for 6 year always how bin into being out side and living off the land if there is still on going plan I would love to know.i can get some funding and can bring in basic skills like hunting,fishing, house building,framing, wild foods,etc.

26 Chris Breeze { 03.10.14 at 8:15 am }

Still waiting if people what to do this let me know I’m up for it now what to make the move so you can find me on facebook,Google +,or just,Email me cmbreeze84 @gmail.com and let talk, meet up,Skype, just let’s get the ball going!

27 Samparry { 03.17.14 at 7:28 am }

Hey guys. I am mad keen to get involved in this….so what’s the plan on attack!!!? =) samuelraymondoparry@gmail.com

28 Claire25Windmills { 03.17.14 at 11:38 am }

I’m up for this, and have some savings to put into a common pot to buy land. Email me clairemorris22 at gmail dot com and let’s get connected and hatch a plan. (Do you use skype? – mine’s clairemorris22)

29 Shayan { 03.22.14 at 9:09 pm }

Hey guys i am so down to do this! We are all connected to the earth and living things around us and i feel we need to coexist with them as well. So that being said lets get this project going!! 661.310.6910

30 Shayan Farzadpour { 03.22.14 at 10:39 pm }

Hey guys i am so down to do this. I am located in Southern California and i am so ready to coexist with the earth and all her animals! I am 20 years old and currently learning to hunt and and i have some experience in construction as well. I have a spiritual background and i feel that we are all connected by a universal energy and this energy is given to us only to be given back at some point. Lets totally do this guys!!! farzadpourshayan@yahoo.com

31 Hopeful Dreamer { 04.02.14 at 4:49 am }

I to tire of being an industrialized slave contact me at ezekialham77@gmail.com

32 Tarsem Lalli { 04.12.14 at 5:21 pm }

Hello all,
I hope this finds you well, I am based in UK London and have been thinking of living off the land and making an eco village for some time in UK. I am interested in growing fresh food, have animals, have peaceful as well as spiritual people. All welcome regardless of race, colour or religion. I would love to have a few horse there too. I really want to get this off the ground if there are like minded people who can contribute with man power, research and ofcourse all would need to contribute towards cost please email me and lets get this started. tarsem.lalli@gmail.com

Kind regards

33 andy mayzak { 04.19.14 at 8:58 pm }

hi my name is andy and im 17 years old. i will be graduating highschool in 2 months and have no where to go. im not college material and i do not want to join the military like my parents have insisted… ive been dreaming of doing something like this for over a year now! i really want to enjoy life outside of mainstream society! i want to meet new people and create a Eco society with mother nature not against her! please email me any info please i have money after working for 2 years saved up to help with the start up. please please email me at froggerm3@gmail.com thankyou!

34 Rebecca { 05.06.14 at 7:35 pm }

Hi, I am Rebecca. I agree with everything you wrote in that article. Ever since I was young I have been envious of people living in previous centuries for they were free from the sick modernity we have now. I always loved nature and am so sad that people are no longer carring nor simply looking at it. I love cooking, gardening, reading, walking in the forest, I don’t share the craze for phones and technology people around me seem to have. I am 20 and ready to travel anywhere (I live in France) if it is to leave the society I am englued in and start a fresher life with people who share those ideas. Please contact me~

35 Beverley { 05.07.14 at 3:25 pm }

Looking for like minded people who want to build a Eco home. Buy land together, live a simple happy life! I live in Derbyshire

36 Robert D { 06.04.14 at 12:54 pm }

hi
you do not know me but I was reading last years posts that you had and I just bought a 10acres in the bush in south river ontario canada and I’m looking for likeminded people from the world to come together and start a life long adventure .I have a couple living on the property and I will be starting my sandbag/earthship/timber in a month.I will be asking people to rent off me as we can not do a trust in canada as the laws for liability insurance will not let people do that .so I will be the land owner and I will rent one acre pc of the property to pay for the backhoe and all the tools and to help me regain my life savings to fit this opertunity for a better life.I ask $300 canadian for rent /per month,month to month renting is that at any time you do not want to stay you are able to go with not a care of a lease or set time .for this I will let you do anything you want to on the 1 acre .the property is in a unorganized and unincorperated township on a dead end road,we are 10km from a village to get all supplies you want and 50 km from north bay a big city,so if you know of people in your group of friends please let them know
we are trying to do the same things in Canada,my name is Bob Duchesne and my email is robduchesne@live.ca
thank you for you time.
p.s. we are doing permaculture ,and off the grid living simple.windmills and solar with batterys

37 Kedo { 07.31.14 at 6:55 pm }

Is there anyone here from France interested in starting an eco-village or have already started one, please hit me up here nosedo@hotmail.fr

Thanks

38 Lee Allen { 08.12.14 at 3:35 pm }

Hi, I’m Lee, I’m 24 and it is my dream to get away from the so called ‘evolution’ of the human race into just mindless, robotic slaves. I would love to live for myself and those around me with the same outlook on life being about living, not just pointlessly existing. I would move anywhere and am willing to learn and work hard to contribute. Please contact me at leeallen01@hotmail.co.uk

39 Karl price { 08.20.14 at 8:34 am }

I’ve bought a lot of kit as I’m going to be my house i rent this sunday quitting my job going to travel around the uk Forest to forest trying to find the best location to live as freely as I can forage all my food wish me luck my email is karlprice32@gmail.com if u want to join me

40 Nick M { 08.29.14 at 5:50 pm }

Really refreshing to read these comments and to know there are other people who share my dreams and are truely about making them manifest. My name is Nick, I live in south florida but am pretty much ready to relocate anywhere that’ll be in synch with my desire to pursue on this spiritual journey I’ve embarked on gradually over the years. I just graduated hs and I’m registered for college and work. But being that I’m 18 and this is a very transformative period in my life, I want to; make a desicion that I wont regret later on in life whether it is a success or not, get deeper into the flow of life and aware of the hidden truths in nature, and hopefully be apart of a group or community that can feed off eachothers creativity and positive energy so that we can find utopia within ourselves and maybe create a reality mirroring that utopia in our community…and nothing, to me seems as fulfilling to this as an off-grid community. I was born to a middle class Haitian family and just the past 18 years of my life have been dictated by parents and systems and rules that i feel interfere with my spiritual journey, I just want to live and help others. So hit me up, I’m in.

41 Mark { 09.01.14 at 1:49 pm }

Hi guys
Just wondered if this idea got underway yet, just split from long term relationship, been on survival courses for few years now, I am selling up and gonna go walkabout for few years. This idea sounds great