Looking to live off grid, with group/community anywhere in world where sky isnt mostly grey.
by ANDOS on DECEMBER 18, 2012 - 42 Comments in I WANT TO GO OFF GRID

Hi, Im a 37 yr old able bodied male, fit and strong, creative and hardworking. I’m looking to live off grid anywhere in the world with people who have a similar outlook. I would like to be a part of a community, travelling group who want to live off the grid and who are responsible for their actions, and share positive beleifs, so no constant heavy drinkers or careless desperado’s etc. I am looking to be with more spiritually minded folks who know whats what and are grounded in their way of life or looking to start a fresh. I am willing to work on a farm /labor for board /food etc. I would love to move to the USA, Colorado, or Utah or Canada also Southern Europe, Spain or India, I’m open basically and 100% committed. Since I was a child I had a calling to live closer to nature and the land and would like to be a part of a group /well established /newly forming group to be able to share and develop this. I am willing to travel with others. I’m friendly, creative, focused, like to be active and would love to make a newer life of grid.

1 russ chase { 12.18.12 at 6:14 pm }

are you interested in Northern Canada. No comunity just out alone by yourself. I was looking for caretaker for my off grid home.

2 Andos { 12.19.12 at 7:03 am }

Hiya Russ, I would be interested, depending on how far North. If you could let me know where and something about the surrounding area, that would be great. If it’s Alaska then I’d prefer not to live on my own. Thanks for the response.

3 karen { 01.13.13 at 12:25 pm }

Andos: Did any real action or relationships occur from your offer?

4 Andos { 01.14.13 at 9:27 am }

Hi Karen, I´ve had no response or luck as yet; I did email a response to Russ, though nothing has come about from this. Is there a reason why you ask?

5 Sue { 01.19.13 at 5:27 pm }

Hi Andos
I am looking for a similar lifestyle, though I would still like to work and then travel. Looking for an off grid type base. Possibly have a similar outlook – spiritual etc. Have a look at my profile and see.

6 Andos { 01.20.13 at 5:37 pm }

Hi Sue, i’m not sure how to view your profile.

7 irishdee { 01.28.13 at 11:20 am }

I am looking for an off the grid lifestyle I am able to work knowledgeable and several Aspects of construction And agricultural

8 irishhh { 02.01.13 at 2:54 am }

Hi Andos…
Im looking for exactly the same as you are off the grid, back to nature, would prefer a small community as I do have a small child(6), I’m very Spiritual, I believe off the grid also means the way you live wood burning stoves to heat and cook, your own garden of course, toilet in or out well guess that all depends but doesnt matter. I grew up on a farm here in Ontario so Im not afraid of work and would prefer as you stated to kind of stay here in Ontario would be nice. If you find more or want to contact me please do.
Many Blessing

9 dwayne falls { 03.12.13 at 8:53 am }

i am native,spirit minded man ,that needs a different way of liveing

10 MoonRavyn { 03.16.13 at 1:05 am }

We are looking to start a community and u sound like u could fit. :) we have 40 acres in southern Colorado and it is raw virgin land, but we do have a well permit. It is flat land without trees, though we are going to remedy that. Please e-mail us at silvermistcp@gmail.com if u are interested in hearing more.

11 Diane { 03.18.13 at 9:45 pm }

I am a young mother of 3 girls, looking to live a richer life more connected to nature. I can cook, clean, play guitar/sing, prepare taxes, do secretary work, babysit, and do novice gardening. I have a medical assisting degree, a book on backyard medicine and an insatiable curiosity and thirst for knowledge. I also possess the willpower to see a project through and the daring to jump into anything I do with both feet. I’m willing to offer any skills I have to a community of like minded people. I’m hoping that the community will be spiritual in a equinox-celebrating sort of way, without permanent buildings, and enthusiastic about enjoying the hard parts of life as well as the easy ones. If you have a place that I will fit, email me at dianeemily@hotmail.com. Thank you. :)

12 Jodie { 03.21.13 at 7:41 pm }

I want to live off the land. Pioneer style I guess. It’s something I feel I need to do and that I’ve wanted to do for quite sometime. I’m a 26 yr old female, hard worker, no medical problems, faith barring. If anyone knows of a community of this type please let me know.

13 rick small { 04.08.13 at 2:51 pm }

utube, light rider operation paul revere.
for those that want to go off grid, this is the machine to help make it easier. solarized e-trike/trailer.

14 Will Beaudry { 04.20.13 at 8:30 am }

I am in the process of buying land in New mexico to start an off the grid homestead. If anyone would be interested in sharing the purchase of this land/ helping start up this “community”.. contact me at Beaudryw@gmail.com

15 Steve { 04.20.13 at 4:02 pm }

I too want to live off the grid, i think all it would take is for a few like minded people to throw in together and buy a piece of land that would fit the bill.
i think access to the ocean, fresh water and mountains would be most ideal.
having the government feed, clothe and shelter me scares me, having to rely on a car to feed my family scares me, having world economies far away from me affect my life scares me.
I want to get back to really living, to live as close to and off the Earth as much as possible.
How much more respect and appreciation would a person have for the animal that gave its life so yours may continue, to get back to really living.
I myself would like to live coastal B.C area mountainous remote mild winter. build a timber, stone, cob or adobe home would be awesome and rewarding.

16 Marshall Wiebe { 04.24.13 at 8:20 pm }

I agree, Steve. I want to be somewhere I can live off nothing but the land. Somewhere I don’t need money or a car. Where my job is catching and growing the food i need to survive.

17 Kevin Dawlon { 04.25.13 at 11:28 am }

Is this happening? I’d love to know as I have always wanted to do just this and the people who have commented seem to have the right idea about life and living free. Let’s do it, I am a trainee teacher so I’m sure this could be a useful practice in such a community. Please email.

18 cassie robinson { 04.25.13 at 11:29 am }

I’m so tired of modem day America. It seams like my husband and I work our butts off to bearly make it. If the American system crashes we are not going to be able to care for our families. The American dream as turned into a nightmare. It feels like things are set up so we stay broke. Others view you by what you have not who you are. It would be so rewarding to build your own home and work your own land. Live with others who want the same things, so our children can grow up with love and a sence if community. I would love to find/start an self standing efficient village type environment. Where everyone works together to become truly free.

19 Breanne { 05.03.13 at 12:35 pm }

We are a vegan couple interested in off the grid living outside of North America preferably. Somewhere that we can legally live, buy property or land that is peaceful, where we can survive off of the land and at one with each other with the animals and the environment.

20 Rainflake { 06.07.13 at 1:01 pm }

Im so glad to know there are like minded individuals out there, wanting to get away from the system and live naturally, peacefully and humbly. Co-existing with nature rather than subjugating or eradicating it. What we need is a group where we can all communicate on ideas, ideals, opportunities and possibilities, and if desired all join together, acquire land or water? and unite as a community or other similar establishment. I believe this to be honorable and just cause and if we dont initiate the action towards our goals we may never achieve them, i believe that modern society has become tainted and corrupt and that through materialism and industrialization they have lost their way and i believe that if we join together we can realize our dreams

21 Rainflake { 06.07.13 at 1:15 pm }

i can be contacted by email anytime at rainflake@hotmail.com

22 Mark Maylon { 06.10.13 at 2:34 am }

Wow I was looking for something just like this .I am 37 yo ex military looking for a community to live off grid to share the work and life. I have many skills to offer. Please contact me if you have something I can contribute to. my email :lauren.maylon@gmail.com

23 Ava { 06.10.13 at 2:21 pm }

Hi. I was reading the comments. My business partners and I (my husband and a friend) are seriously considering investing in a sustainable, resource based economy community such as this. Though we haven’t decided for certain the location, we are looking globally. I am thinking most likely locations are India or Europe, however we are open to most anything except the US. Sorry, but not the land of the free anymore. We do love Canada (we are Canadian), BC particularly for the milder winters, however Canada is taking our rights away as quick as the States is so not so sure if that would be the best place to be living a wholistic lifestyle, which would require these freedoms to still be in tact. Our family has been living in India for the past 6 months so we see potential here, but location is key. If any of you want to be put on our list for future involvement, please email me directly at eywainstitute@gmail.com We will stay in touch and keep you posted on the progress of our plans :-) Hope to hear from you! Ava

24 Moon Dancer { 06.10.13 at 6:37 pm }

Hi all. So glad to see we still have time to get together in peace before “the system” strips us completely of our right to do so. My fiance and I know how to live without conveniences and are ready to join a community of serious people willing to help each other out. Ready to lend their talents to a group. We’ve HAD IT with mortgage, bills and bullshit. We’re not insane or weird. We are educated and hardworking adults ready to grow and learn and get reconnected. I guess we’re looking for our spiritual family. I know it won’t be Utopia but ANYTHING is better than being enslaved like this. Please email me zumbachik67@hotmail.com. Every time I pay my mortgage, I want to throw up. We would rather sweat, work, cry and bleed over making a life rather than a living. We will need help from those of you who know more about the obstacles. He does armed security and is a professional musician and I’m more the homesteader. I grow veggies and herbs, know how to can, sew, have a knack for teaching children and am a professional fitness instructor. I am a spiritual woman who feels “called” as you do. I don’t know where to begin or with who. We’re hoping to find a group of mixed, fun, talented, hard working individuals and families that are willing to live decently, respectfully, honestly and virtuously without being like Quakers or Drug addicts. Willing to pull their fair share of the work load. Willing to live like the indigenous, beautiful people originally sprung from this land. If anyone out there is serious and knows how to build homes and homestead…we can pool resources, buy some land and materials and start a small community governed by elders, hold “tribal” meetings to discuss the concerns and implement solutions, all pitch in to help children grow and learn, and , most importantly, send a quiet but strong message to others that we will live in a peaceful, self-sustaining environment without being owned or in debt to ANYONE but the earth.

25 steve alexopoulos { 06.26.13 at 12:41 am }

I’m a 24 year old guy who’s looking for a fresh start in life. I don’t feel like I belong in the so called normal way of life. Working min wage and renting out a studio apt isn’t how we are supposed to live. I wouldn’t even call it living. It’s more like being a zombie. I would love the chance to get involved with a community to see how well I would fit in. I’ve always like nature. If anyone has anything going or wanting to start something you can e-mail me at steve-alexo@hotmail.com

26 steve alexopoulos { 06.26.13 at 12:42 am }

Andos: If you haven’t found anyone yet then please contact me at steve-alexo@hotmail.com I would love to know more about you proposal.

27 christine { 08.13.13 at 2:06 pm }

With this many people interested we could easily put our talents, skills, resources, and knowledge together to start a community. Wondering how many people are still interested?

28 Gonzo { 08.24.13 at 10:09 pm }

Does anyone know of any off the grid communities in Alaska? If anyone knows can you email me at saabbass@yahoo.com, I have lived in Alaska and I am familiar with living in dry cabins. I have a lot of skills to bring to the table.

29 anthony { 09.09.13 at 2:51 am }

I love it I feel at home already im in texas we can be ready to go in about two to three days its been a decision ive been battleing for awhile.would love to hear back from all of yall I feal its the right thing to do .I believe we all can get this done and together it would get done.so lets do this please. Im just waiting to hear from someone saying lets go.

30 dave { 09.16.13 at 4:39 pm }

my name is dave im older and have done everything i expected i would do at the age of 51.except be really happy doing it.i share your enthusiasm,but just too stuck in a rut to know what to do.this idea excites the hell out of me,just wondering if someone needs or wants an old man and if its really for me.would love some feed back,thanks

31 Melissa { 09.18.13 at 11:29 am }

Hi my name is Melissa my family and i would very much like to live in a community where we live off the land. Where people grow gardens and help one another out. Who put there resources together for the grater good of everyone in the community. Would love to get in touch with nature and all it has to offer. I’m tired of getting up and going to work everyday and doing over time to just barley make it by. I would love to wake up help out the community in anyway that i could. I could still spend time with my family in stead of leaving my daughter everyday to go work a job that i hate because of the people and there beliefs that this is the way life is. It doesn’t have to be like this. Life wasn’t meant to wake up and go work for someone who doesn’t care about you or your family. I want to experience life to the fullest. Knowing i could wake up everyday and just live. I have a daughter that i would love for her to grow up around caring people who want the best for everyone. To show her there is still good in this world. To show her she doesn’t have to confide to what everyone else thinks is right. I want her to think for herself make her own choices in life not someone telling her she has to go to school to get a education to get a good job so she could have things in life. The basics is all we would need and it would be wonderful to live where everyone shares the same thing and is not judging you or calling you crazy because we don’t want what they want.

32 Melissa { 09.18.13 at 11:38 am }

You can contact me at chick_809@hotmail.com Looking to get away from all this.

33 Chantelle { 11.15.13 at 3:00 pm }

I feel the same way. I am a 28 year old mother of three. Unfortunately I’ve been pained by society for I am only currently living with one. Today’s society has made it damn near impossible for families to stay together. My fiancé and I have four children together of which one we share. He too has been ripped away from his eldest. We are tired of working hard and having nothing to show for it. Does anyone know of any communities around the New England area? We have high hopes of one day uniting our family but with our current living situation that isn’t going to be anytime soon. Please help if you can.

34 james preston { 01.01.14 at 7:44 am }

i am more than just interested im ganna do this but im not woods smart,,,,,,i am a survivor and am fed up with society and the hipocritacly way of the world today,no free rides i am skilled in manny ways and would like to trade my skills for new ones,as in what is safe to eat how to feild dress game,ext…..

35 Tucker { 01.08.14 at 9:19 pm }

I am single 37 years old. I live in western minnesota. I need something different in life. I have been walking around like a zombie my whole life keeping up with the jones. I am interested in off the grid community.

36 Mario { 02.12.14 at 9:17 pm }

Im from Michigan & I’m feeling just like all of you tired of working hard like a zombie living check to check tired of the unhealthy food we eat don’t know what we’re putting in our bodies people are becoming worse by the minute the economy is going down the drain just ready to get back to nature like God intended us to be grow our own food & all I’m also looking for off grid & homesteads

37 Greg { 02.13.14 at 10:34 am }

Hi,
I have read many of the posts and I feel the same way as many of the people on here. I am 36 and in good physical health. I live in toronto now but my family is from Nova Scotia and my dad was a but of a survival nut and taught me about hunting, fishing setting traps, and using what nature has provided not just to survive but to enjoy life. I think human greed has taken us far from the way things were supposed to be and we have lost our connection to nature. My parents have passed and there is nothing tying me to this broken system. I am determined to make a big change soon and am doing what I can to prepare.

38 Rob Carr { 03.04.14 at 6:36 pm }

Hi my name is Rob and I’m 23 years old from northeast America. I too believe in being close to nature and working hard to earn a sustainable life that nature can provide. I am a positive thinker, I enjoy science and I would really fit in with a community of like-minded, spiritually connected people. My goal in life is to invest every resource that I can obtain into a perpetual system that will provide everything I need. The earth is in terrible shape and it truly bothers me. I cannot endorse a system that treats this beautiful planet in such a disdainful manner. Please, anyone, email me with any information regarding communities, resource sharing, or anything pertaining to off-grid living. Thank you!
hateitorloveit1414@yahoo.com

39 Carmic { 04.22.14 at 3:00 am }

I have already started here in Normandy France…I have goats, rabbits, geese, hens etc…it is my plan to go off-grid but I need like minded bodies to help make that happen…Is that you…???
I am 57 years old and this place is amazing…I live mostly in the barter world but for obvious reasons need a few more folk contributing a minimum of 50 euros a week to keep this show on the road…That will include all expenses (food etc)…Why not come and join me…email carolehoward2712@hotmail.co.uk if you are interested

40 Brand { 05.01.14 at 7:44 am }

As there been any luck with your search? I’ve recently been inquiring about living off the grid in a community that does not require any monetary value. Solely Barter based would be the best scenario for me. I’m pretty adept in most trades woodworking, construction, gardening, etc. I’d like to get into Tailoring and more Hunting. Please feel free to contact me shadowfoxx89@gmail.com

41 Amanda Lewis { 07.22.14 at 2:49 am }

I’m looking to live off the grid with anyone who needs help farming or anything. I don’t care if there’s electric or not. I will pee and poop outside and wipe my butt with leaves. I’ll be your slave. Joke. No, I would really be a big help. I’m 24 years old but I don’t want to live in this society anymore. I have a car, apartment, nice paying job, cell phone, and everything I could ask for but I’m not happy at all. I’m a slave to society and I’m done and want to be finally free. I am willing to give up everything in a heart beat and I’m 100 percent serious. Living in the wilderness with a bunch of awesome people trying to survive is my dream. I know it’ll be hard but I’m on a mission to get out of this money hungry, government controlled society. I want to live simple. So if anyone is interested in me joining, email me at amandalewis16@hotmail.com. PS I have 7 years experience in the medical field. And I don’t complain.

42 pam Todd { 09.14.14 at 3:48 pm }

We live in an rv and already learning to live off grid looking for community that’s starting or already started up would love to join .