BC family looking to go off grid
by MOTHERDOVE on SEPTEMBER 10, 2012 - 12 Comments in I WANT TO GO OFF GRID

hi my name is misty and i am a 34 yr old mother of 3 boys and a girl. i have lived off grid tell the age of 17 but have been moving around Canada for the last years. now i would like to move off grid again here around the north golf islands. possibly with an other family or two. i have spent year learning about ways to self sustain and have some knowledge on a lot of things that would be helpful. please message me if you are interested.

1 sharaia { 09.18.12 at 2:46 pm }

Hi. Canada is beautiful! My husband has half citizenship. Anyways we are in oregon. We are a family of 4. We are also looking for community. :)

2 Travis { 09.22.12 at 9:54 am }

I am 37 years old. I am from Anchorage, Ak originally. Currently a Network Admin, VERY interested in going off grid. I love Canada, and have traveled the entire Al-Can on more than one occasion. Please email me, I see the world unfolding before me, and I am ready, ready, ready to get back to the basic’s if you will.

3 Jeannine { 09.26.12 at 6:57 pm }

Hi My Name is Jeannine and I am looking at going off the grid. I currently live in Toronto Canada and since you are in Canada this might be a good starting point for me. I am 48yrs old with no small children (grown & gone). I have visited all of Canada but BC. I love to cook and garden but most importantly love to learn & not scared of getting dirty. Please email with more details.

4 Marunkava { 09.27.12 at 11:15 am }

Hi Ewry One…
I am also located in Canada and just moved from BC to Eastern Canada/Maritimes as BC is insane on property prices…and also much remoted land here but still with reasonable distance to communtys /towns is easier to find here…
In BC for remoted living some one has to go over the mountains lakes and rivers …lol
Also here the people here are much more down to earth and and much more friendly as people in BC…
Anyway I will be offering free living on and off my land for same minded people in exchange for your time work and creativity… If you interested contact me and lets talk about it… alexandraslunce@yahoo.de

5 Marunkava { 09.27.12 at 11:27 am }

Ps: i forgotten to say i am planning to live off the grid of course and live sustainable off the land…
i am in the process now to find suitable land and should have this land within 1 year ….
again i am looking for same minded people and will offer free living on and of my land in exchnage for your time work and creativity on this free sustainable living….
contact me if you are interested…alexandraslunce@yahoo.de

6 Jeffry Vos { 09.28.12 at 12:13 am }

Hello,

I am currently living in BC and wanting to build an off-grid sustainable community with other caring human beings. A place where we can support each other with our knowledge and skills, to live in harmony with our natural environment. Would love to find others to be apart of this community development. You can contact me at jeffryvos@yahoo.ca, thank you.

7 Chad { 10.03.12 at 10:03 pm }

It doesn’t look like finding communities is easy. Anyone know of a better place to look other than this site? I’m looking to leave the business world and start my own life living off the land. This is the first place I’ve looked. Please help! I don’t fit here. Mentally, I can’t take much more of this rat race, work till you drop crap. I’m a good man, but these people are insane and I am often totally dysfunctional in it. They think I’m crazy and I can never hold down a job because I lose it after a while. It’s like a prison and emotional torture pretending to be like them just to get enough money to give it away to my landlord and the grocery stores.

8 john { 10.18.12 at 4:53 pm }

Jeannine i am real close to you London on, and am leaving next week to try this.

9 Ted { 04.14.13 at 7:48 am }

I am writing a book called “The Off-Grid Home”
This is a 768 sq.ft. home that utilizes off grid mechanics (solar, wind, water and wood) to provide a couple with a reliable Off grid home that is affordable.
If you have any questions contact me at:
esourcefutures@gmail.com

10 Mike Wood { 04.17.13 at 3:56 pm }

Hi Misty & others,

Also wishing to go off the grid & work with any commune or folk that wish to do the same. Have a background as a Commercial Diver & Underwater Robot Pilot. Have started & ran a horse ranch for 5 years so know horse care & hard work well. Am a slim & fit 55 year old with a good sense of humour. My kids are grown & doing well in business so it is just me lol.

11 Bob { 01.15.14 at 9:47 am }

Hi Dotting my eye & crossing my tee’s on this hole thing, i have a great home & life yet i driven bad to go off grid ? willing to buy land, but i could never do this on my own, need female counterpart, to can-food & preserve food & kitchen, & to keep chickens out of the garden Lol I lady thats not bothered by being in the country and only shopping once a month. Thx Bob

12 Cory { 06.09.14 at 2:14 am }

hi misty, i’m still in the city but i seek to live off the grid, i was wondering if you could give me some advice before i start this wonderful journey, i’m 26 sing and given up on trying to find that special person in my life, the proof are my couple of ex’s. I only seek the simple things in life now, but also somewhere to go where they WILL NOT “JUDGE OR CRITICIZE” one another. I have some skills and love learning about new things espcially is its about sustaining the off the grid life. besides my age and my will to learn, I have determination, and a strong work eithic, and believe that everyone has to pull there own weight one way or another it’s the only way to be fair and keep the peace, while moving forward to reach the goal of simplicity and peaceful living with my fellow man and nature.